title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Just downloaded this, looks good, though not actually got any music playing yet. One oddity is that on my laptop with a 1024 x 768 screen, I can't see any windows controls so I can't minimise it or close it...

The responsiveness and overall look is impressive, really looking forward to ipod/phone/pad version. It blows away Kinsky already.

Now I'll try to persuade it to play something......

Administrator

Optics, freezes which software? asset control?

Administrator

You press alt + f4 to close.

Should it have standard windows controls, or is alt + f4 the only way to shutdown?

Quote Originally Posted by jemhayward View Post
    Should it have standard windows controls, or is alt + f4 the only way to shutdown?
    It's the only way to close.

Regards
    Ebe

Administrator

It will do eventually.

Hi
    really a great control point!! I'm using it with zyxel DMA-1000
    and a freenas (fuppes). Till now it's the only who shows also
    the actual played title.
    I've got only one wish or question. Will it be possible to save and
    reload a playlist?

Administrator

Yes

Problems with Onkyo TX-NR807

Hi Spoons - You're onto something great here! Keep up the good work!
    Asset Control will not play content to my Onkyo TX-NR807. The album display lists tracks correctly but the quarter note image on the left has a red cross through it. Clicking play changes the image to pause for about a second then returns to the play image. If content has been selected through the 807 CP and playing, clicking play in Control stops playback. The 807 shows up correctly in the Zone tab and is selected. I'm running version 3 beta of Server which works perfectly as a server to the CP in the 807.

CharlyD

Wow this is great even in Alpha - How far are you away from a iTouch / iPad solution ?

Question Re: Asset Control Discussions

Hello Spoon,

Can you roughly estimate a release date of Asset Control with the Linn UPnP extensions ?

I can hardly wait for the next version :smile2:

Kind regards
    Ebe

Administrator

We cannot comment on release schedules (as often it can get peoples hopes up only to be dashed).

>quarter note image on the left has a red cross through it

Is your device listed and selected on the Zone page? a red cross means either no device or a compatible audio format cannot be found for the device.

Hi Spoon - The Onkyo is listed and selected in the Zones tab. As I mentioned in my original posting, if the Onkyo is playing content as selected by its internal CP, attempting to play content using Asset Control will stop playback at the Onkyo. This indicates to me that Control is seeing the Onkyo and is at least performing some of the actions required. Please let me know how I can assist your debugging of this issue. Asset Control is a much better UI than other UPnP CPs I've tried, and I would certainly be a customer for a working version. I think it's also quite likely that the number of TX-NR807's and it's relatives far outnumber the number of Linn DS units out there.

Question on zones

Hello Spoon,

I seem to only be able to control one instance of uPlayer via Asset Control.

My setup is,

Comp 1 - Asset 2.1, PS3 Media Server, uPlayer, Asset control. (media library hard drives on this machine)

Comp 2 - uPlayer, DAP

Comp 3 - uPlayer, Asset Control.

Launching Asset Control, I can see and browse my media 2 servers, however I can only see the 1 dBPoweramp renderer in the zone list, and it seems that the first instance of uPlayer to start is the one you can control. I can control any instance on any machine as long as it is the only one running.

Is this a feature or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
    Oz

BTW, it works great. I bought Asset and use it to stream to my Denon AVR4308 and my PS3 but I love the jukebox style of the original DAP so that is why I reckon Asset Control is a winner.

Hello Spoon,

congratulations, really nice asset control.

I´m just missing a on/off-knob to turn the linn player into standby or wake him up again.

Is this planned?

Cheers, Frank