title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Control Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset Control Discussions

If the Uniti disappears from the My Network Players, when you are not even running Asset Control, try restarting your PC to see if it reappears, if not, then the Unity is invisible at that point on the network.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hokkaido
      • Oct 2011

It doesn't reappear after a restart in either My Network Places or on the Zone screen. But Asset still works. Any other suggestions, please? Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Asset would work as is Asset >> Naim, the issue is with Naim >> PC

Naim would have to take over why it is having problems staying around.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hokkaido
          • Oct 2011

Thank you for the reply. I have spoken to Naim in the past with things like this but they say it's an Control Point / UPnP issue. Anyway, I will see what they say this time. Thanks!

Comment

• drgrittani
            • Jun 2004

I may have spoken too soon in post 324. Sorting and adding to playlists and shuffle works better, but now Asset Control freezes regularly. After two or three tracks play, it just freezes, and I have to hit the Windows button to get back to the desktop, then right click Asset control on the toolbar and close it. My setup is as described in post 269 ( http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...l=1*post108933) , the only difference now is I have updated to the latest version of Asset uPnP on my WHS and I'm using the latest Asset Control. Are there any logs or something that I can post to help debug this?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

There are issues with asset control freezing, hence why it has yet to release from beta, the next update fixes a freeze, but there could be more...
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• drgrittani
                • Jun 2004

I can't seem to get by 10 songs with this last 2011 release without freezing, in my WinXP setup. Is there any chance you could point me to the last 2010 release, so I could reinstall that? The playlist bugs I had were relatively minor and it didn't freeze. Otherwise I'll have to go back to itunes or WMP.

Comment

• balma01
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2010

Hi everybody,
                  I've asset control that correctly reads my asset upnp library. Sometimes I see som albums without cover art and I add it to all the songs using mp3tag. I close and reopen asset control but the cover is not shown, but if I click on the album I see the cover. How to refresh the main navigation screen?

Comment

• dbfan
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jan 2011

Asset upnp needs to rescan the tracks with a refresh all, asset upnp r4 will automatically detect changes in album art.

Comment

• JoeBroesel
                      • Dec 2008

Sorry such is not possible in that the server would not pass these custom tags to the control point, as only a few standard tags are defined.
                      Hi,
                      but isn't the server also from dbpoweramp, and could you not change that?

J.

Comment

• Chip
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Aug 2008

Is Asset Control Davaar compatible?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Asset Control is Davaar compatible.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• philw
                            • Dec 2010

Re: Asset Control Discussions/ AssetUPnPv3 + AssetControl

Just trying to get this working streaming FLAC from Win-7/64. I have used Asset UPnPv3 for a while, but now I need a control program.

Kinsky doesn't seem to be able to reliably control AssetUPnPv3, so I switched to AssetUPnPvBeta4 but it's still not really working. It'll stream etc but control is hit and miss - sometimes things play, sometimes it won't play anything. I'm streaming to a Naim Qute but that's not really relevant; the Naim can suck data from Asset with no issues.

AssetControl sounded like a better bet as it should work with Asset UPnP. So far, issues seem to be:
                            1. It takes over my whole screen. This is a 30" monitor, filled with blackness. I guess the program's intended for pocket devices. That makes it hard to use on a PC. Kinsky shares the (probably fashionable on iPads) black design, but at least that can be resized so it's not so harsh. I could run it in a virtual machine configured with a tiny screen size, but, really a Windows program needs to run in a window.
                            2. Playback with Asset 3 and 4 Beta is idiosyncratic. Some "CDs" simply don't stream, although they stream ok from Asset V4 via Kinsky. Other times the play seems to jump from track to track without obvious input from me.
                            3. The click-model is difficult for PC users to grasp. If I was stabbing a fondle slab it may make sense, but for PC users it breaks the paradigm. Most users expect to click (control-click etc) to select, and double-click to action something.
                            4. The task crashed once; no obvious reason why.

Overall it is it's a lot of hassle trying to drive it to do what I want. I'll have to stick with the Naim's remote control in the mean time. Not sure if I should back off to Assetv3 or stay with AssetV4; will have to see if it works reliably from the RC.

Comment

• Burette
                              • Oct 2011

Problem with WD TV live,

I know it's lame but I have a LINN system with CD and I am saving for a LINN DS so I am running a WD TV Live.

Control is not working properly. It jumps from track to track without my input or it just disconnects from the WD TV.

The WD TV can be controled without problem from Twonky, PLugPLayer.

Any help on that?

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

There are known issues with the WD Live.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>