title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Hello Mr Spoon
    Could I ask again the question asked in post No.183; that is, it is not currently possible to achieve the view in 'Albums' that you showed in your original post announcing Asset Control. That is with 5 or so albums on a line with a name underneath.

This was possible initially but was then lost/removed, now all options on the configuration page show the same regardless of which options are selected, they show a smallish album cover on left with a line of text displaying track info to the right. This album art is impossibly small on a small screen. I have installed and removed and reinstalled many times over the past few months and it has not been possible to recover the preferred view.

Could I ask, have you removed this view and if you have will you reintroduce it in future?

Many thanks for your time; I like the software but is not really usable by me at the moment.

Peter

Administrator

It is possible, but you need to use Asset UPnP as the server currently.

Many thanks for your response. My server is built into the NAS so unable to change.

Regards
    Peter

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset Control Discussions post 177?

Hi,
    I am also interested in an answer to post 177.
    Is it possible to move the divider on the screen to adjust the relative sizes of the left and right panes?
    Chip

Administrator

Re: Asset Control Discussions post 177?

Sorry it is not.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset Control Freezes after one track

Hello,
    I installed Asset UPnP registered version yesterday. When I restarted the computer with Asset UPnP today the configuration screen went through the recount and rescan process before showing me the same count of tracks and albums. So far, so good.
    I then started Asset Control and selected some tracks from an HDTracks download. The first track played and I could see the progress bar on the Now Playing screen. The second track did not play.
    Now Asset Control seems to be frozen on the Now Playing screen still showing the first track. Asset Control does not respond to mouse clicks.
    When I checked Windows Task Manager I can see Asset Control in the Applications tab and the Status is Not Responding.
    I have Asset UPnP Premium running on a WinXP SP3 computer with no other applications active.
    I am running Asset Control on another WinXP SP3 computer with no other applications running when it froze up.
    My Akurate DS display shows 00:00:00.
    I am not able to put the ADS in Standby mode from the remote or front panel button.
    If I force Asset Control to end then I can use Kinsky Desktop to play the very same selection of tracks that Asset Control stopped playing.
    This has happened twice tonight with same results on a different selection of tracks.
    Can someone tell me what I can do to get Asset Control to work or find out why it is not working?
    Chip

update:
    If I leave Asset Control on the Library screen the second track does play.
    Last edited by Chip; 12-01-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: update information

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset Control Freezes after first CD

Hello,
    I restarted Asset UPnP and waited until it had performed a rescan. It showed the tracks and albums count I expected.
    I then started Asset Control and added two discs to the playlist. The first disc played through completely but Asset Control froze up again after playing the last track of the first disc. The second disc of tracks never started.
    Windows Task Manager shows Asset Control as Not Responding.
    I have had really good experiences with other Illustrate products but this one is driving me crazy.
    I do not know if this is something I am dong wrong or just being BETA software it still has a few problems to be worked out.
    I have not changed the configuration for Asset Control so I do not think I have done something wrong.
    The discs play through, from 1 into 2, using Asset UPnP and Kinsky Desktop so I do not think the source data is bad.

Any ideas? Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there any way to run a debugger to help find this problem?

Chip

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry if I missed it with my search, but are there plans to make Asset Control work on a second gen Apple TV? If so, about when? thanks

Asset Control Discussions

Why I can't play any music using asset control? I just get a red icon beside the album songs

Administrator

What is the upnp server and player?

I hace upnp ver 3 installed in my pc, also I have upnp installed in my server?
    What do you mean by player?

Administrator

What is the UPnP player (UPnP is based on 3 components, Server, Control Point and Renderer (player)).

The UPnP on your server is Asset UPnP?

Administrator

@Chip - currently we cannot end user debug issues as the beta is not final.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry for my confusion, but I don't understand the difference between a "DLNA Player" and a "DLNA Renderer". I think a DLNA player finds music on a "DLNA server" and either self-renders or sends music to a "DLNA renderer", and that a "DLNA renderer" can't find any music but can accept and play streams from a "DLNA server" or "DLNA Player" as directed by a "DLNA Control Point".

I also think that a "DLNA Player" cannot render music from other players unless it is also called a "DLNA renderer", and that if I have a "DLNA Server", "DLNA Renderer",
    and "DLNA Control Point", I don't need a "DLNA Player" because the Control Point can also find music available on DLNA servers.

Do I have this right?
    Last edited by twit; 12-16-2010 at 11:26 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Close but not quite. I think a DLNA Player cannot direct a stream from a server to a renderer other than its own local renderer. DLNA players that are also DLNA Renderers can render music streamed from servers, but only as directed by a DLNA Control Point, not other DLNA Players.

So you need either a DLNA player or a DLNA renderer running on each playback device. You are correct that if have a DLNA Control Point, you only need DLNA Renderers running on each playback device (and if you don't have a control point, then you need a DLNA Player running on each playback device).

I could be wrong - this is confusing.