title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Control Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Search is planned at some point in the future.

When it looses your player, what if you uncheck it from Zone then recheck? does it carry on then?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• talisker
      • Jan 2010

Hi Spoon, uncheck it from Zone then recheck it solves the problem.
      I've noticed another problem in combination with the KinskyPronto solution. I'm not able to change the loop(endless)-function through the pronto, Asset Control overwrites it immediately to his state. The other function shuffle/random is working as expected.

Comment

• winopener
        • Oct 2009

Hi Spoon,
        one quick question and a small bug:
        how to change the "library view" that i currently have to the one on your first post? I've run thru the various Asset Control option but no way. I'm using F2k as a network server, if this matters.

Small bug: when Asset is minimized, its "minimize/close" icons on top right corner shows up if i place the pointer there. Acting there works on the program currently active and not on Asset.

Comment

• winopener
          • Oct 2009

One thing that i've found kinda hard on the various uPnP Control Point software i have tried in these days is browsing for a artist when there are thousand of entries. Asset is counting on my server +3000 album artist entries, and +7000 artists (yes, it does needs some cleaning... and is missing some hundreds cd still to be ripped).

The >> scroller goes down one page, the __ scroller goes too fast, so finding out something "in the middle" (example: James Brown) is quite complicated.

Could it be workable to insert a "narrowing" filter with the insertion of some letters? I'm thinking something like the Garmin GPS, when you want to find a street you insert the first letters and at each insertion it narrow the choices.

Dumb example:
          pressing J could narrow to all J-beginning entries.
          pressing Ja could narrow to all Ja-beginning entries.

Touch-based devices usually have a virtual keyboard.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The first page image is browsing by Album, your screen shot is browsing by Album Artist
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• talisker
              • Jan 2010

Hi Spoon any ideas regarding my former post 182...

Comment

• winopener
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
                The first page image is browsing by Album, your screen shot is browsing by Album Artist
                Doesn't make any difference... also, see on the left pane the Alma Caribena displays correctly, while on the right pane does not.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Originally posted by talisker
                  Hi Spoon, uncheck it from Zone then recheck it solves the problem.
                  I've noticed another problem in combination with the KinskyPronto solution. I'm not able to change the loop(endless)-function through the pronto, Asset Control overwrites it immediately to his state. The other function shuffle/random is working as expected.
                  It is possible it is asset control, or perhaps the exact network you have. It would be investigated once additional people report the same thing.

The loop button is as expected, you have 2 control points trying for ownership of it.

@winopener - this is an issue where Asset is not detecting the listing as an album listing from other UPnP servers, it is on our list of things to look at, but is not a high priority right now.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• winopener
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
                    @winopener - this is an issue where Asset is not detecting the listing as an album listing from other UPnP servers, it is on our list of things to look at, but is not a high priority right now.
                    Ok.
                    Alternatives for uPnP servers on XP? I have dBPoweramp registered, 'til now i used it only for Batch ripping.

Question open for all readers: uPnP clients.
                    In some cases there's no need for a Linn DS - think about the kitchen radio - and a cheaper alternative will be nice. I've read in other part of the forum about the Airport Express, and it may be a decent price in US, not so in Europe. A new AE cost +- 110 euros. The so-called "Internet radios" are way higher, and usually mono (aaargh!)
                    For near half that price, i can find out a used first-generation netbook (asus eepc 4g, acer aspire one 110...) that with a basic XP can do as a local control point and local audio renderer.

Was wondering: why the lack of some cheap uPnP audio renderer?

Comment

• winopener
                      • Oct 2009

Addition: downloaded and installed Asset server.
                      The Album view works as it should, quite nice. Will be ok if it was possible to make it work also in "Album Artist" view, that's my preferred approach - i'm a "complete album" kind of person.

Couple of questions about it:
                      - what kind of playlist are supported?
                      - possible to support CUE files as playlist?
                      - why not scan subfolders for playlists, just for audio tracks?

Comment

• KSAZ
                        • Nov 2010

On compilation or various artist albums when added to the play list the track list shows up as:
                        track*blooper* artist title;
                        Want I want is the same thing I get for any single artist album in the play list which is:
                        track*blooper* title

How do I stop the artist name showing in the play list on multi-artist albums?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

It is not possible to turn this feature off.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KSAZ
                            • Nov 2010

Well that is a shame :(

I am not sure if this has been asked before but is there a way to get a status indicator that shows the elapsed time of the entire play list/total time of the entire play list? The "Now Playing" page has the "slider" that shows elapsed time/total time of the track playing. But I was looking for this data in relation to the current play list and not just the one track. I was not looking for a "slider" but just a numeric display in the corner some place or something.

This is a small thing but I noticed that the "next track" indicator in the lower left of the "Now Playing" page does not get updated when you select a new track in the play list on the "Library" page. It seem to only update when the track finishes playing normally. If the operator jumps around in the play list this does not update again until a track finishes playing normally.

Comment

• Hifi2.0
                              • Nov 2010

Hi everyone!

I had a test with one of the first Beta. I was looking for a test with the latest Beta-Version but I do not find a download link...where is it, can someone help me to open my eyes?

Thank you very much

Regards

Olaf

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

The latest beta is the first message here:

Asset Control (a UPnP / DLNA control point) is billed as the control point you have been waiting for . In UPnP there are: Server / Control Point / Renderer, where the Server catalogues tracks, Control Point creates playlists from the Server and controls the Renderer (player), all 3 elements of UPnP could reside on the same
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>