title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Administrator

Re: Asset Control Discussions

It is as though Asset Control is not able to change the volume level, it is reading correctly as 80% is possibly the default volume value.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Any other control points able to pause the Marantz?
    Hi

Only WMP12 works fine (but no support flac...). I've tried Foobar2000 and Subsonic, same issue with pause fonction.

Just for info:
    (no relation with the Marantz)

With the Naim UNITI asset control now works fine with volume control with the latest firmeware (3.6.68)
    (perhaps the fine tune step by step need to be improved)

Cheers
    Jean-Luc

Kinda new to using DBPoweramp Asset UPnP/Control so bear with me....

How do you setup Renaissance uPlayer to run as the "Audio Renderer" from within UPnP or Asset control? I am not familiar with the CLI environment. What Syntax and Switches do I need to make this start up and be "seen" by Asset control? On a WinXP computer I am trying to locally play a music library that has a mix of FLAC, WAV and MP3 files through a USB DAC to a set of speakers. I currently have Asset Control playing through Foobar2000 1.1.8 b (Works great) , Kernal streaming (ASIO works too) to a M2Tech Hiface EVO USB DACwith a SPDIF COAX out to a set of Behringer MS40 speakers. Or is this something that can only be done on a WIN7 system? If a Win7 system only (with WASAPI) , then how do I automatically start the player so Asset UPnP can see it?

Administrator

You run Renaissance without any switches and it is ready, if you want WASAPI you need command line, see the renaissance thread.

Cool, Thanks. Tried to make the thread search too complicated last nite. Uplayer works great.
    Dave

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've made my Asset UPnP library available over the Internet. When I have a WiFi connection, I can access Asset UPnP on an iPad using AirPlayer because AirPlayer lets me give it a specific Url to find the library at (http://(my IP address)/DeviceConfiguration.xml I believe).

Can I do this using Asset Control (I want to use Asset Control to do this in locations where WiFi connections are not available (such as my employer), thus prohibiting use of the iPad applicaiton I refer to above). If so, where do I go to put in teh customized URL?

Administrator

Not currently possible

@Spoon: Asset Control Roadmap

Hello Spoon,

I'm a user of Asset Control (with a licensed Asset UPnP Server) from the first minute. My renderer is a Linn Akurate DS with Cara firmware (Davaar is not so at the highend side for me).
    I'm running Asset Control on a MacBook Air with Parallels.
    I've tried all other control points for Linn, but nothing (!) comes up to Asset Control. Kinsky Desktop MAC for Davaar is also very good, but the new Silverlight version does not work for Cara, the old Kinsky Desktop, which is working with Cara is ... ok lets say ... "not so good".
    It's been a long time since the last update for Asset Control and I'm wondering, it it is still under development of if it is "discontinued" ?
    Will there be a final "1.0" version of Asset Control in the near future or will Asset Control be more unimportant for the illustrate software portfolio?
    I would also buy a Mac or IPhone/IPad version of Asset Control at once!
    Spoon, please give us some outlook about your Asset Control plans, please don'l let us hang out to dry!

Regards
    Ebe

Administrator

Re: @Spoon: Asset Control Roadmap

It has not been abandoned, rather much work is taking place on UPnP.

Re: @Spoon: Asset Control Roadmap

Hi Spoon

As I already mentioned some weeks ago, I'm also very interested to see what's going on with the really nice application. Unfortunately I can't use it anymore because I've updated my two Majik's to Davaar to use the songcast functionality.
    It would be great to get an outlook or even better a roadmap how Asset Control will continue.

Many thanks for information on this. Kind regards Kurt

Hello,

together with my Naim Unitiqute the volumecontrol in asset control is not working.

regards
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by jldaureil View Post
    Just for info:
    (no relation with the Marantz)

With the Naim UNITI asset control now works fine with volume control with the latest firmeware (3.6.68)
    (perhaps the fine tune step by step need to be improved)

Cheers
    Jean-Luc

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm moving this from the server forum

spoon wrote: Asset Control? the red means you have no compatible player selected under zones.

I still have this problem. I turned off any firewalling and I also have klimax gappless ticked.
    Kinskey works fine.
    Asset control just shows a note with a red circle and diag line. I cannot play anything from asset control.

additional info: when klimax is selected the playback controls operate the DS and songs are seen in the playlist and playing tab.(still no music can be selected). when gapless is selected nothing appears in the playlist nor playing tab and controls do not operate the DS

more info: sorry this had been bitty..... it seems that asset control is putting the DS into UPnPA mode. when I go back to kinskey the playlist has gone and the selector has changed from playlist to upnp. Also I dont know where the track played is coming from. As it is not selected in either kinskey or asset control.
    Last edited by user2112; 08-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Administrator

Asset Control has not yet been updated to work with the Devar update to the DS.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

okay...I didnt think of that. Thanks Spoon