title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Control Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burette
    • Oct 2011

Re: Asset Control Discussions/ AssetUPnPv3 + AssetControl

Originally posted by Spoon
    There are known issues with the WD Live.
    Spoon,

Does it mean that those issues may or will be solved in a near future or WD Live is a lame and no audiophile system (I agree) for wich no energy will be spent?

Just to know

Comment

• dbfan
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jan 2011

Our fixes would have to be tailored specifically for this player, cannot say if or when that would happen.

Comment

• Geoff P
        • May 2010

Hi Spoon

You maybe aware that Linn is offering a Beta version of their new software 'Songcast' which when loaded and running on either a Win 7 PC or a Mac, streams whatever audio is playing on that computer to your Linn DS which then plays as normal thru' the HiFi system. So for example when running Spotify you can stream it, or when running i-tunes you can stream it and so on which is nice.
        I have tried it on my Mac and it appears to work fine with i-tunes. I am now trying it out on a Win 7 netbook using Asset UPnP pointed at my music NAS and Asset Control both running on the PC. Every time I try to run a playlist the first track plays for a few seconds then it jumps to the second track which plays for a few seconds before jumping to the third track and then so on to the end of the playlist.
        If I close Asset Control the last track continues to play to its end on the KDS and keeps repeat playing until I reboot the KDS
        The KDS is running Davaar 3.

Any ideas

regards
        Geoff

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Noted as a possible bug
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Flacus
            • Jan 2012

Hi. I am trying to use Asset Control in Winsows 7 to stream music to an A/C Amplifier Pioneer VSX-921 but I cant because Asset becomes muted. If I increase the volume manualy by pulling the bar or pushing the buttons, then it return to 0 volumen. Can you help me please?

Comment

• cornishman
              • Feb 2007

The volume going back to zero may be a renderer issue. I've tried running Linn's Kinsky and Asset controller to control a couple of Android uPnPlay renderers. I get the same issues with the volume being set to zero with both. I know uPnPlay is still under development, so I'm inclined to think that is where the issue lies.

Comment

• Flacus
                • Jan 2012

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Addition to the issue of volume, the songs on the playlist jump from one to the other quickly and not reach reproduce. This only happens when I select Pioneer VSX-921.

Comment

• cornishman
                  • Feb 2007

I saw this problem as well with the upnplayer software. It will play a track for 8-10 seconds before moving to the next track (MP3s). If the renderer is already playing a track, then when a new request is made, then the renderer will ping-pong between the previous & new track for about 8-10 seconds again.

I have tried a new renderer - another android software package BubbleUPnP, and this is controllable from the Linn software fine - no problems with volume, track, position within track, new tracks, etc. But, the Asset controller cannot see the devices on the network. I have tried starting the devices in different orders to see if it was an announcing issue, but this made no difference.
                  So I will need to use the Linn code for now.

A smaller interface option would be nice to have if that's a possibility.

Comment

• lyric
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2010

Hi,
                    Is there anyway to create my own playlists on asset control or Linn kinsky and then save them to my nas, now running registered version of asset 3? At the moment I save playlists on kinsky to local playlists, however I have found that it is not the most secure place to keep them. Thanks.

Lyric

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

No it is not possible.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Nov 2010

Thats a shame spoon, if you dont mind i have some suggestions for asset and asset control

1. linn extensions are added so that volume control is active

2. local playlist folders are included in asset control and stored in the nas running asset upnp.

3. Asset control for ipad and android is developed.

If all of the above were developed, I for one and i am confident many would follow, would willingly pay for asset control, a fee could be charged to encompass ipad and pc. The unique selling point here for you would be the safe keeping of playlists on the nas. I bought songbooklite and Lyric and Konductor, none of them are as good as Linns free kinsky, but your asset is really something special and I dont understand why you would give it away. There is a recession going on:p we all need to make as much money as we can and nothing in life is free. I will pay and so will others. Would you be interested?

Lyric.

Comment

• cornishman
                          • Feb 2007

I have an update on the issue reported by Flacus.
                          I have been in discussion with the developer of the Android upnplayer app and he has made a quick change to get the volume control working between that & the Linn software. He found that the Asset controller still did not control the volume of the renderer. He also tried the Asset controller with a Roku Soundbridge renderer and still couldn't change the volume of the renderer.

Comment

• lyric
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Nov 2010

Hi
                            I'm not being cheeky and was glad of the help spoon gave me, but is this control point dead? It's 2 years this march since it was put forward, I was hoping for it to have volume for Linn and others, if not there is no point going forward, maybe you are thinking the same as me spoon? If so it's a pity and back to my point of not charging for it, makes no sense. Maybe your main business is in an area that I have no knowledge of, so excuse me for being a nosey business man.

Lyric

Comment

• ZUENDEL
                              • Jun 2010

Hallo Mr.Spoon,
                              can we hope to use asset control on i-Pad? would be very nice!!!

Greetings L.Zündel

Comment

• Torrnado
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ZUENDEL
                                Hallo Mr.Spoon,
                                can we hope to use asset control on i-Pad? would be very nice!!
                                Indeed it would! I currently use MediaConnect with my iPad; its not very userfriendly but it works...

Comment

Working...

]]>