title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Asset Control Discussions

Thread for all discussions related to Asset Control

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Quick loader! A question, and a quick bug:

Do I need to be running Asset UPnP V3 beta for Asset Control to work properly? It's not mentioned in the Asset Control post, but you've said before that V3 was an update for Control.

As it is, I'm currently running V2.1 of the server. On my Vista 32 laptop:

If I play around with the track seek slider, seek control works well, and the volume slider slides to 0 and back to where it was before to show the fade out/in as the track position is changed. But after a few seeks, the volume doesn't go back all the way. Sometimes it sticks permanently at a lower setting, other times it stutters back to where it should be. I am running Cara 6 beta, and this doesn't happen when seeking within Kinsky Desktop (but nor does KD's volume control show the fade out/in). The DS can be set to revert to a particular volume when emerging from standby - I have this set to 80, so I don't think this has anything to do with it, as Control is setting the volume well below this. All done with a trackpad, these aren't accidental touches.

I disabled the volume control in Konfig and retested - now the fade out/in is still shown, but it always slides straight back to unity as evenly as it slid from unity to zero. So, when the ADS volume control is enabled, feedback + latency on fade out/in action? It's a wireless connection to the laptop, generally a very good connection, but I sometimes get delayed or lost vol and track updates to KD if I change these with the DS remote.

Administrator

Asset control is setting the fade in and out, it will become an option as like you say the linn-ds does it also...

Sounds like there might be a bug there.

Asset Control will work with any UPnP Server, although future advanced functionality would only happen through servers which support such.
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-26-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Jim,

great new control point.

As far as can see now :
    1/ WAS working with Asset 2.1 but not anymore : I can browse but no track list are visible when selecting an album in artist and album trees.

2/ Is working with twonky server (don't know the version, the one coming with HP WHS). But : when seeing the details of an album, ie the track list, the first track is at the end of the list without its track number.

Best regards

Docles
    Last edited by docles; 03-26-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Administrator

Try restarting both Asset UPnP and Asset Control.

RE2: If you track the version down of twonky, also try Kinsky desktop, does that show it correct?

spoon,

no, through kinksky destop, same symptoms.

Does it mean that the asset tree structure is wrong ?

BR docles

Hello Spoon,

This is the control applicatation, which was missing since the beginning of Linn DS :smile2:
    It woks well, fast and with very good usability particularly for touch screen users like me with a Asus T91MT. Well done Spoon !!!

One remark:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Asset Control will work with any UPnP Server, although future advanced functionality would only happen through servers which support such.
    I'm evaluating JRiver Media Center 14 UPnP Server in parallel to Asset UPnP. With JRMC14 you can define inconvenient browse trees with all possible tags, e.g. Genre -> AlbumArtist - Album, wich gives you all Blues Albums sorted by AlbumArtist in one view. JRMC14 UPnP server works well with KinskyClassic, KinskyDesktop and LeiaDS, but with AssetControl I was not able to push an album or single songs to the playlist of my Akurate DS. In single track view the note icon before the track name is crossed with a prohibition sign. (I can send a screenshot or further debugging info if desired)

BTW: Are such complex trees possible with AssetUPnP and AssetControl in future ?

Regards
    Ebe

Administrator

If there is a circle cross then asset control was not able to find a matching audio format which the server and renderer can play, but there might be something specific about JRMC, I will mark as a bug. Check that on the Zone page that the DS was selected.

Asset UPnP (Server) can easily handle those trees.

If there is a circle cross then asset control was not able to find a matching audio format which the server and renderer can play, but there might be something specific about JRMC, I will mark as a bug. Check that on the Zone page that the DS was selected.
    Same behaviour if Akurate DS is selected or not. May be it's something special with JRMC14 ...

Asset UPnP (Server) can easily handle those trees.
    I do not get Asset UPnP Server configured to show all albums of a genre sorted by album artist (using UPnP Server V3 Beta). You mean, Asset UPnP Server can handle such trees in a future version ? Then I think the team of Asset Control and Asset UPnP Server would be my first choice !

regards
    Ebe

Onkyo TX-NR807 no mp3

If there is a circle cross then asset control was not able to find a matching audio format which the server and renderer can play
    Hi, another Onkyo TX-NR807 user here.

AssetControl (2010-06-16 version) doesn't play any mp3s to my Onkyo receiver (red crossed icon), i've mailed a debug log to dbamp.

Other controllers/servers that do work with the Onkyo, any combination:
    Controllers: KinskyClassic, KinskyDesktop, Cidero UPnP A/V Controller
    Servers: AssetUPnP(3beta), Synology Media Server (DSM2.2) and Twonky Media 4.4.2

(even tried AssetUPnP stream MP3 as LPCM, WAV and MP3, no success)

Looking forward to an Android based controller with the same focus on user experience!

Hi
    really a great control point!! I'm using it with zyxel DMA-1000
    and a freenas (fuppes). Till now it's the only who shows also
    the actual played title.
    I've got only one wish or question. Will it be possible to save and
    reload a playlist?

Administrator

Yes

Problems with Onkyo TX-NR807

Hi Spoons - You're onto something great here! Keep up the good work!
    Asset Control will not play content to my Onkyo TX-NR807. The album display lists tracks correctly but the quarter note image on the left has a red cross through it. Clicking play changes the image to pause for about a second then returns to the play image. If content has been selected through the 807 CP and playing, clicking play in Control stops playback. The 807 shows up correctly in the Zone tab and is selected. I'm running version 3 beta of Server which works perfectly as a server to the CP in the 807.

CharlyD

Wow this is great even in Alpha - How far are you away from a iTouch / iPad solution ?

Question Re: Asset Control Discussions

Hello Spoon,

Can you roughly estimate a release date of Asset Control with the Linn UPnP extensions ?

I can hardly wait for the next version :smile2:

Kind regards
    Ebe