title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Administrator

Asset Control Discussions

Thread for all discussions related to Asset Control

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Quick loader! A question, and a quick bug:

Do I need to be running Asset UPnP V3 beta for Asset Control to work properly? It's not mentioned in the Asset Control post, but you've said before that V3 was an update for Control.

As it is, I'm currently running V2.1 of the server. On my Vista 32 laptop:

If I play around with the track seek slider, seek control works well, and the volume slider slides to 0 and back to where it was before to show the fade out/in as the track position is changed. But after a few seeks, the volume doesn't go back all the way. Sometimes it sticks permanently at a lower setting, other times it stutters back to where it should be. I am running Cara 6 beta, and this doesn't happen when seeking within Kinsky Desktop (but nor does KD's volume control show the fade out/in). The DS can be set to revert to a particular volume when emerging from standby - I have this set to 80, so I don't think this has anything to do with it, as Control is setting the volume well below this. All done with a trackpad, these aren't accidental touches.

I disabled the volume control in Konfig and retested - now the fade out/in is still shown, but it always slides straight back to unity as evenly as it slid from unity to zero. So, when the ADS volume control is enabled, feedback + latency on fade out/in action? It's a wireless connection to the laptop, generally a very good connection, but I sometimes get delayed or lost vol and track updates to KD if I change these with the DS remote.

Administrator

Asset control is setting the fade in and out, it will become an option as like you say the linn-ds does it also...

Sounds like there might be a bug there.

Asset Control will work with any UPnP Server, although future advanced functionality would only happen through servers which support such.
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-26-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Jim,

great new control point.

As far as can see now :
    1/ WAS working with Asset 2.1 but not anymore : I can browse but no track list are visible when selecting an album in artist and album trees.

2/ Is working with twonky server (don't know the version, the one coming with HP WHS). But : when seeing the details of an album, ie the track list, the first track is at the end of the list without its track number.

Best regards

Docles
    Last edited by docles; 03-26-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Administrator

Try restarting both Asset UPnP and Asset Control.

RE2: If you track the version down of twonky, also try Kinsky desktop, does that show it correct?

Hello Spoon,

This is the control applicatation, which was missing since the beginning of Linn DS :smile2:
    It woks well, fast and with very good usability particularly for touch screen users like me with a Asus T91MT. Well done Spoon !!!

One remark:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Asset Control will work with any UPnP Server, although future advanced functionality would only happen through servers which support such.
    I'm evaluating JRiver Media Center 14 UPnP Server in parallel to Asset UPnP. With JRMC14 you can define inconvenient browse trees with all possible tags, e.g. Genre -> AlbumArtist - Album, wich gives you all Blues Albums sorted by AlbumArtist in one view. JRMC14 UPnP server works well with KinskyClassic, KinskyDesktop and LeiaDS, but with AssetControl I was not able to push an album or single songs to the playlist of my Akurate DS. In single track view the note icon before the track name is crossed with a prohibition sign. (I can send a screenshot or further debugging info if desired)

BTW: Are such complex trees possible with AssetUPnP and AssetControl in future ?

Regards
    Ebe

Administrator

If there is a circle cross then asset control was not able to find a matching audio format which the server and renderer can play, but there might be something specific about JRMC, I will mark as a bug. Check that on the Zone page that the DS was selected.

Asset UPnP (Server) can easily handle those trees.

spoon,

no, through kinksky destop, same symptoms.

Does it mean that the asset tree structure is wrong ?

BR docles

If there is a circle cross then asset control was not able to find a matching audio format which the server and renderer can play, but there might be something specific about JRMC, I will mark as a bug. Check that on the Zone page that the DS was selected.
    Same behaviour if Akurate DS is selected or not. May be it's something special with JRMC14 ...

Asset UPnP (Server) can easily handle those trees.
    I do not get Asset UPnP Server configured to show all albums of a genre sorted by album artist (using UPnP Server V3 Beta). You mean, Asset UPnP Server can handle such trees in a future version ? Then I think the team of Asset Control and Asset UPnP Server would be my first choice !

regards
    Ebe

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by docles View Post
    spoon,

no, through kinksky destop, same symptoms.

Does it mean that the asset tree structure is wrong ?

BR docles
    >2/ Is working with twonky server (don't know the version, the one coming with HP WHS). But : when seeing the details of an album, ie the track list, the first track is at the end of the list without its track number.

This suggests it is twonky, not asset serving the files.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by _noel_ View Post
    Same behaviour if Akurate DS is selected or not. May be I do not get Asset UPnP Server configured to show all albums of a genre sorted by album artist (using UPnP Server V3 Beta). You mean, Asset UPnP Server can handle such trees in a future version ? Then I think the team of Asset Control and Asset UPnP Server would be my first choice !
    On the advanced configuration page in Asset, Add Album Artist to the Genre Tree (as a child), then add album to the album artist item (also as a child).

On the advanced configuration page in Asset, Add Album Artist to the Genre Tree (as a child), then add album to the album artist item (also as a child).
    This is what I configured up to now. What I want to configure is: All albums of one genre in one view (preferably as album art) but not sorted alphabetically by "album" but by "album artist". Something like "Album by Album Artist" ...

Still playin' around with AssetControl on my Asus T91MT: the startup time, the performance and "response time" to input is groundbreaking - kudos to you! I'm very excited :smile2: Also the behaviour after system standby and reconnecting the wlan seems to work fine ... both "library" (Asset UPnP server) and "playing" are working again after system wakeup from standby.

Regards
    Ebe

Great control point, but it doesn't find all my servers and renderers in my network (which is not a complaint because it's just alpha - it's only a "report"):

My renderers:
    - Sonos (not found by Asset Control)
    - MusicPal (found)
    - iPod Touch (not found)

My servers:
    - Twonky (found)
    - Asset UPnP (found)
    - SimplifyMedia (found)
    - Orb (not found)
    - Sonos (not found)

BTW, Plugplayer 3.x does find all my renderers and servers, even Sonos...

As I said, that's not a complaint, just a report. It's a great alpha version, many things still to do - but I think it will be a great competitor to PlugPlayer. Well done so far!

Administrator

We are not explicitly targetting sonos yet, will do later. What is running on the iPod Touch to make it a renderer? Plugplayer?

We are not explicitly targetting sonos yet, will do later. What is running on the iPod Touch to make it a renderer? Plugplayer?
    Yes, PlugPlayer.