title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Re: Asset Control Discussions

No, it varies. Can be right at the start, middle, near the end, or not at all, e.g.

Also the accented 'a' is always corrupted on the second heading.

Administrator

That is why it is splitting as it thinks it has a different artist name. Does it do it with other albums?

I just updated the firmware (released 10/1/2010) in my TX-NR807 and hi-res FLAC files now play correctly:smile2:. Looking forward to the release!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    That is why it is splitting as it thinks it has a different artist name. Does it do it with other albums?
    Tried it with Bjork and I could make it do it:

But I couldn't make it happen with album artists without special characters, even ones with lots of tracks which would sometimes have the 'adding tracks to playlist' dialog displayed for a few seconds. If I see that dialog for more than a second or two for Bjork or Janelle Monae, guaranteed the issue occurs.

Probably a separate but related issue: when adding tracks directly from albumartists, the tracks appear in alphabetical order, unsorted by album or track number:

Administrator

This was a bug in the last but one Asset Control, uninstal and reinstall to make sure you are on the latest.

I was pretty sure I'd installed the latest version on 26th sept, but uninstalled, redownloaded, and installed latest version again (signed 25 September 2010 21:22:16).

Still happening with Underworld and Janelle.

Administrator

If you close Asset Control (when a playlist is split like above), then re-open it, is it still split at the same location? Also if you load something like Kinsky Desktop, does that show the wrong artist name?

In Asset Control, closing and reopening doesn't make a difference, but changing playlist to a different player or to non-gapless on the same player, viewing the new playlist, then changing back again, does consolidate the playlist. When it consolidates, it's always under the corrupted artist name.

Never see the playlist split, or the wrong characters, in KD, no matter what is showing in Control, and no matter whether before, during or after above tests. I tried the tests both with KD running simultaneously, and without - no diff.
    Last edited by MnM; 10-17-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Separately, I noticed when I loaded Kinsky Desktop, which I haven't done for ages, that the Repeat icon was flickering. I think this was down to having Asset Control open on the Win 7 64 PC with repeat turned on, and having it open on the laptop with repeat turned off. Seemed like the two instances of Control were competing. If I turned off Control on the laptop, and then tried to disable repeat in KD, repeat would rapidly reactivate in KD, as if it was being overridden by the repeat setting from Control on the PC.

Red face Re: Asset Control Discussions

This is looking like the product I have been wanting for a while now - the only problem is I can't work out how to control the music that it has - I have a NAS with all my ripped (dbPowerAmp) music in it and that's all I want to have displayed - the software is finding all my existing uPNP libraries and stuff but they are full of junk that the NAS adds.

How can I get better control and manually select the albums that I want to have displayed?

PS: I've been working on a dedicated little music PC - bought a 10.4" touch screen and a good quality USB DAC - all working well but I just want a grid only display of my music with big <next page>,<previous page> etc. buttons (that will work ok on the not so accurate but pretty good touch screen and be easy for non-techo's to us - also, not right up against the edge of the screen) - this has the potential to be just that product that I want
    Last edited by Dave C; 10-19-2010 at 02:21 AM. Reason: typo's and missed a couple of words

Administrator

It always will find all upnp servers, you select the one with right library.

Hi,
    how is it possible to move the splitter, here shown as a red line, how to move it more to the left, so that I could read the complete title?

By the way, the German "Umlaute" are still wrong.

What is also nagging, is: The close button (top right) is only shown when the mouse is over that region. On my tablet pc, when I go there, nothing happens.
    If I'm in that area, and click then I close the programm. I have to guess, where the button could be. --> an option: Always show the close button.

Then I would also like to see the Windows Startbar, because my tablet pc has no keyboard, where I could press the Windows Key to get a Startbar.
    Option. Always show startbar!

Another Option: Check for updates.

After installing, there should be an icon on the desktop. Right now I find it under Asset Upnp, instead of Asset Control

In my Linn DS the Volume Control is disabled, ---> recognize this and remove the buttons in Asset Control, or at least disable them.

How do I activate the secondary line "Now playing" in all genres?

A way to change the options by a context menu in Asset Control, or a button "Options"

Rainer
    Last edited by JoeBroesel; 10-21-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The WD TV Live is a UPnP player, it can read from Asset UPnP, but it does not work currently too well with Asset Control.
    Are the issues with the WD TV Live (Plus) something that you are targeting to fix, or is this DMR a hopeless case?

Asset-Control Probs with NP1100

Hello,
    I own a NP1100 from Phillips which is DLNA certified.

Right now downloaded the newest version of Asset-Control.

Playing music with Asset-Control the track starts but the Play-Button did not change from Playing to Pause.

After some seconds playing a tune Asset-Contol skips to the next track. Here again no change of the Play-Button.

And the whole thing repeats all over again.

Spoon, Asset-Control MUSR run perfectly with DLNA compatible devices! Please check that.

Thanks Charly

Hi Spoon, first of all thankys for your great work. I'm using three of your products, the Ripper, Asset UPNP on WHS and the Asset Control which is on view on of the nicest control points available on the windows platform. I use this setup together with a Linn Majik. What I have noticed is the fact that the Asset Control looses sometimes the "connection" to the Majik means there is no feedback anymore from the Majik. All I have to do then is to restart Asset Control to get it fixed.
    Further I have a few wishes, maybe I'm not on the right place to mention this.
    Whats about a search function within the library? Is this planed somehow?
    Then a nice thing would be to get within the playing section a better resolution and a bigger size of the albumcover through without reformatting it to a square. I have a lot of paper cd-boxes and their cover is not in square format. Maybe you can do it configurable how it should be displayed - maybe also the font-size of the detail information within the playing section.
    Looking forward for the future releases