title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Control Discussions

Administrator

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Asset Control beta 26 August 2010 version still has temperamental playback issues.

e.g. An album is added to the playlist, the play button is selected and the first track starts playing. If I select the next track button, the first track starts playing again.
    What is the player?

Administrator

@Andrew - so it does not list your server, or renderers?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by guybrown View Post
    Is it / would it / will it / could it be possible to sync 2 instances of Asset Control?

I am planning to install it on my touch screen slate PC as well as my home server (I have a monitor attached).

It would be amazing if the 2 instances of Asset Control could sync with each other so that I could use both interchangeably to add tracks to the currently playing queue.

PS: when will the next version be available for testing? And will it address the payback issues with Onkyo AVRs? I am dying to have a proper test drive!

Thanks

Guy
    2 instances require that the playback control is not handled by the control point, otherwise 2 control points would try to play the next track at the same time. The Linn DS extensions get around this because the renderer holds the playlist, also we are to implement the same on a future Asset Server, as the control point device might go to sleep which would stop playback dead.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is the player?
    I run uplayer.exe, then Asset Control.

Administrator

I thought so, it is actually a bug in uplayer not asset control, it will be searched (for) sometime.

Hi Spoon,

I'm finding Asset Control doesn't always line up the next track as expected, it can sometimes get confused about which track it says it will play next, and which track it actually plays next.

If I navigate to the Now Playing screen, and leave the cursor alone so the controls fade out and the next track fades in at bottom left, instead of showing the next track, it sometimes shows the current track, or the first track in the playlist. It usually plays the next track correctly though (playlist was on default settings, on repeat, not shuffle). But, separately, when playing the penultimate track in the playlist, it skipped the last track and began playing the first. I'm afraid I can't make it do this reliably.

Also, the playlist scrollers at the top and the bottom both scroll up the playlist, instead of scrolling in different directions. This is repeatable and is true for both the partial scroll and scroll to end.

I'm on a Vista 32 Lenovo laptop with the 11 September Beta.

Matt

Administrator

>I'm finding Asset Control doesn't always line up the next track as expected, it can
    > sometimes get confused about which track it says it will play next, and which track it
    >actually plays next.

I have seen it myself.

>Also, the playlist scrollers at the top and the bottom both scroll up the playlist, instead
    >of scrolling in different directions. This is repeatable and is true for both the partial
    >scroll and scroll to end.

I would not have believed it if I had not seen it, anyhow fixed now.

Hello Spoon,

The newest update is a big step forward !

Some bugs found up to now:

• sometimes (10%-20%) the next song (mainly mp3 maybe ?) does not start to play, after a few seconds the next but one starts to play

• Asset UPnP server 3 Beta (newest version) config: Genre -> Album by Artist
      Asset Control: this view shows small covers, one cover in one line in Asset Control

(can send debug output / screenshots if necessary)

But: Best UPnP contol point up to now

Administrator

What is your player noel?

What is your player noel?
    Linn Akurate DS, firmware version 3.4.3

Works flawless with LeiaDS, KinskyDesktop as CP and Asset UPnP as server

Administrator

Once the DS Extensions are activated then playback would be perfect.

Hi,
    is this a problem of AssetControl or Asset Upnp-Server?

Also Furtwängler is cruelly wrong.

Rainer

Administrator

Joel - please email that exact audio track:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Joel - please email that exact audio track:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    Hello Spoon,

Same bug with my Akurate DS: Loading playlists with german or danish "umlauts" works fine, but closing and starting AssetControl shows something like html coded strings instead of proper "umlauts".

But: This version is a huge step forward, thanks a lot! You made my day

Works fine besides some minor bugs:
    • Resync of AssetControl to the current playing song does not work properly: Setting my EeePC to sleep or hibernate, listening to some songs and starting the PC from sleep again shows the song where the PC had been going to sleep in AssetControl. Workaround: switching the player in the "Zone" tab resyncs the playlist and the "Playing" tab to the current playing song.

• The minimize and close icons in the top right appear also when AssetControl is already minimized

• Configured "AlbumArtist / Album" in Asset UPnP: AssetControl always shows "Artwork on left of Label in List" instead of "Artwork and Label"

Regards
    Ebe

Administrator

Thanks Noel for the report, Joel no need to send the file as I have reproduced the issue and can fix.