title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Control Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chip
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2008

Re: Asset Control Discussions

Any news on when Asset Control will be Davaar compatible?
    I am one of the possibly unfortunate or mistaken ones who updated to Davaar without checking for compatibility.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Not sure...
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• _noel_
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
        Not sure...
        Not sure ... when ? or not sure ... if ever ?

Come on Spoon ... please don't let us down :cry:

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It will happen, could be this week, or next month. Just need a bit of free time.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• _noel_
            • Dec 2009

This week :smile2:
            Performance boost is remarkable !

But: Is Asset Control only Davaar compatible now? I'm using Cara 3.4.3 on Linn Accurate DS and Asset UPnP Beta 4. New Asset Control version shows only red crossed notes :(

Regrads
            Ebe

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If you choose the Gapless item, yes only Davaar compatible.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• _noel_
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
                If you choose the Gapless item, yes only Davaar compatible.
                Then it is useless for me ... and maybe for a lot of other users :cry:

Comment

• JoeBroesel
                  • Dec 2008

Hi,
                  1. On your Asset Control-page you list a wrong length of the exe-file: 907 instead of 977 kb. It used to be 907 kb. This makes me nervous. Did I download the right program?

2. Problem with missing images:
                  MP3tag:

Asset Control:

Kinsky Desktop shows Images with all files. Same Server Asset V3.

3. The Bitrate kbps is falsely calculated. With CD material it should be 1411 kbps.

4. Usability doesn't suit me. For instance: A click in the library moves a file directly to the right side. So I have no chance to use Shift and Ctrl to select files ...
                  Or: the Maximize and Minimize buttons appear and disappear with the mouse-over event. But on my tablet PC, without mouse, this is not possible. They should always be visible.
                  Or: The scroll bar in the library window is in a not so good position (on my 24" screen)
                  Or: The volume bar slider is enabled, although this function is not enabled in my Klimax DS/1

What I like: (against KD)
                  At program start the Asset Server is automatically selected!
                  The time-slider to move the position of what is being played in the track!
                  The tags, that are shown in the playlist and in the playing-screen. Although even this could be improved.
                  Only the real Media Renderers are shown, and not Windows-Media, or Sonos.

J.
                  Last edited by JoeBroesel; 09-27-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• drgrittani
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks so much for the latest update, seems to have fixed a lot of the issues with running Asset Control on my old WinXP laptop hooked up to my stereo. You mention that iPad, Windows 8, etc. versions will be coming out sometime. As a new owner of a firesale HP Touchpad, is there any chance of a webOS version?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

There will be no webOS version.

>3. The Bitrate kbps is falsely calculated. With CD material it should be 1411 kbps.

Normally the uncompressed bitrate would be used, we do so in the rest of dbpoweramp programs, except for upnp the actual compressed bitrate has to be used otherwise certain players (such as ps3) would not play the track correctly.

>Or: the Maximize and Minimize buttons appear and disappear with the mouse-over event. But on my tablet PC, without mouse, this is not possible. They should always be visible.

Press once in the top right and they should appear
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oliviander
                        • Sep 2010

Hi Spoon,

Maybe someone suggested this before, or maybe it is even a dumb idea, because I'm not raelly into details how
                        Server, Controlpoint and Renderer work together, but with all my trials and errors
                        regarding network music i have experienced with in the last year, I can see that most of them had to do with
                        trying to control one renderer with different controlpoints at the same time.

Therefore I had the Idea that a perfect control point would be one that would run on the same machine with the server
                        and you therefore have only one controlpont running in your system.

Then you should have software to remote control this controlpoint from any other device you want.
                        So you wouldn't depend on the renderer to give any Information to your controlpoint.
                        You just have to establish communiction between controlpoint and remotecontrol.

Or you even could design the controlpoint and the server as an integrated software.
                        And the server should simply output one continous stream for each renderer as if it were a
                        internet radio station. All output control would be done by the remote controlled server.
                        Any comment ?

Oliviander

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

What would the benefit be?
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rat
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Apr 2008

Would it be possible to make the content of some custom made containers visible in the 'Play now' display ? I am thinking of SINGERS (quite important for operas) and of recording data. I have put the last in a 'COMMENT' container : both SINGERS and COMMENT appear in the dBpoweramp ID-Tag :

but I am unable to show them on the Play Now screen :

What do you think about that ?

Comment

• dbfan
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jan 2011

Sorry such is not possible in that the server would not pass these custom tags to the control point, as only a few standard tags are defined.

Comment

• hokkaido
                                • Oct 2011

Hello, I have been trying out Control for a couple of weeks. I like it but I keep losing the connection to my Naim Uniti after a while. The Uniti will show in the Zone screen but after a few hours or at most a day, the connection is lost. It also disappears from My Network Places in Vista. Asset UPnP will still work using the Uniti's screen and remote, however. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks ever so much!

Comment

Working...

]]>