title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Reinstating folder names after conversion

Reinstating folder names after conversion

I have just converted (wma-mp3) my entire library but the output folder appears to have lost all subfolders from the original. Is there way to "reorganize" the new mp3 folder so that the data is stored in subfolders as per the cd/artist as it was in the original wma folders? It has taken 36 hours for the conversion and I am reluctant to start all over again. fyi I have purchased the powerpack, not the reference edition (although no mention of this feature is in the description). Any help would be appreciated...

Administrator

Re: Reinstating folder names after conversion

Use the Arrange Audio Utility codec from codec central, it will move those files based on the ID Tags, see the help file with it on how to use it.

Still need help - I installed the arrange audio utility but there are no new menu options within db to access. I have read the help material but that hasn't helped this newbie. Is it found within the "batch converter option"? What am I missing? Please be as specific as possible. Thx...

Administrator

Open the program Batch Converter >> browse to your music tree put a check mark in the music folder >> Convert To >> select the encoder as [Arrange Audio], click Convert.

Try with only a few files to make sure is right.

Thanks - it's making sense now. One more question and I will leave you alone. I am resigned to the fact that ultimately it will be Itunes that will use all this conversion work. How can I make sure that db attaches the album art info to each track? I currently do not see that info when I check "properties" in the converted tracks even though the "Arrange External Album Art" was checked in the audio conversion loop.

Administrator

In the source files you have embedded art or folder.jpg?

Appears to all be folder.jpeg

Administrator

You might need the utility codec 'Update ID Tag' as it has an option to import folder.jpg into the files.

I have tried 2 ways, none successful. How do you direct the codec to the proper source? From my db converted mp3's I was using the "manipulation" tab and importing album art from "folder.jpg" but nothing appears to be imported i.e. I don't know where db is looking for the art. The original music was ripped using media player lossless wma (still exists) and has since been converted to lame mp3 using your software. What method would you use to inject the art in each track? I will be incorporating Itunes soon after but my experience with Itunes grabbing the art off the net is poor (<50% found). The only other method I know is to manually add each album cover by cutting and pasting in Itunes from a site such as Albumart.org but that is painfully slow...

Administrator

The album art should be embedded into the source files before converting.