title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batch Ripper No Album Art

Administrator

Re: Batch Ripper No Album Art

Album art is only retrieved when Ripping CDs, not converting, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Album art is only retrieved when Ripping CDs, not converting, sorry.
    Aaaahhhh, a slight disaster:cry:

I have my quite large cd colletion ripped through iTunes - approx 1.000 cd's plus some old mp3 stuff. Album art works in iTunes but seems impossible to get with me to other application. Have now more or less decided to move to FLAC. The dbpoweramp batchconverter is of course the answer to my dreams. But how will I get the right album art tagged?

Album by album ...or....?

Administrator

There might be other programs out there which can help.

I hadn't used dbpoweramp for a while and just renewed for a new year's worth of access to PerfectMeta. I'm very disappointed to discover that this does not include a fresh batch of album art lookups. Without that, it's pretty close to useless to me.

I recommend that you make this much clearer in the purchase pages for standalone PerfectMeta subscriptions.

:(

Administrator

PerfectMeta does include album art in CD Ripper, although you have replied to the Batch Ripper forum which is another program altogether which does not use PerfectMeta licenses.

Hi, I too have come up against this issue.

To be fair it is a little miss-leading as the info on the website says you get to use the batch ripper if you buy a licence for dbpoweramp. And the assumption is that batch ripper has the same capabilities as the CD ripper but can run multiple simultaneous rips.

However I also understand that as a commercial product you can't give us something for free that required charges to AMG.

There is a potential solution though for home users, if like me you just want to use multiple CDs in the same PC simultaneously. I have discovered you can run multiple instances of the CD ripper and set each one to use a different drive. Only downside is that you have to press 'rip' each time you insert a cd.

Hope that helps?

P

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    PerfectMeta does include album art in CD Ripper, although you have replied to the Batch Ripper forum which is another program altogether which does not use PerfectMeta licenses.
    See, this is my point: the relationship is just not that clear between the CD Ripper, Batch Ripper, PerfectMeta, and whatever limits there are on the batch ripper. I'm sure it's documented *somewhere* (other than these help forums) that the Batch Ripper lookups work differently than those in CD Ripper, but it sure wasn't obvious to me when I went to spend my money to renew the license.

Please note--I haven't written angry letters or asked for my money back. I'm just not such a happy customer anymore.

Administrator

On the batch ripper page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

4 lines from the start of the page it states:

Highest quality metadata providers: AMG & GD3 (non-commercial access is restricted to 400 lookups in AMG, GD3 not included),

So, I'm having a similar issue which started maybe a week ago. Batch Ripper isn't pulling album art, but it is pulling AMG data. CD Ripper works fine and retrieves both.

I have already purchased an additional chunk of AMG lookups, and Batch Ripper shows that I have 473 remaining. Is there any other reason that the album art would fail to work in Batch Ripper but not CD Ripper?

Ian

Alright, so it may just be this new batch of CDs. CD Ripper works for some of them, but not all, and Batch Ripper works for some older CDs. Do the two use different sources for album art?

Administrator

GD3 also supplies album art in CD Ripper.

Thanks dude, you trully got me out pf my trouble which was linfering on my head since last three days. Keep posting man.