title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batch Ripper No Album Art

Batch Ripper No Album Art

My Batch Ripper was working great but for some reason it has stopped loading the album art. The metadisc search is completed and the cd tracks identified but no art work..?????
    If I load the same disc into the standard db single disc ripper the album art loads OK, to say I am confused by this is an under statement.
    Any help on this would be most appriated..

Administrator

Re: Batch Ripper No Album Art

With Batch Ripper you have 400 free lookups to AMG, after which you have to buy lookups at the commercial rate.

Thanks Spoon
    I must say that I am not happy with this has I paid to register the software and to have use of AMG for 1 year. I did not see any thing in your advertising stating on 400 cd lookups. I have checked again and it clearly states a 1 year contract and no limitations.
    Who do I need to speak to to reinstate my contract that I paid for??
    Last edited by johnmusicdisk; 03-18-2010 at 04:12 AM.

Administrator

You are using the wrong program, you should use CD Ripper, not batch ripper (which is a commercial ripping program).

I'm ripping 200 cd's at a time, really the cd ripper?

I am sorry but your advertising do not state this is comercial use only but also for individuals with a large cd collection. You sell it on the point of ripping hundreds of cd's fast with one year AMG subscription.
    As I stated before I must have my membership renewed, and I will except another 400 cd's. If this cannot be done I will want a full refund.
    I feel very strongly on this matter, you have mis sold a product and I will be persuing this further if Illustrate do not rectify.
    Last edited by johnmusicdisk; 03-18-2010 at 02:44 PM.

If you read the Batch Ripper help guide it does contain the following text
    Commercial ripping operations pay a per disc lookup fee when using either AMG or GD3, non-commercial organisations or individuals receive 400 lookups with an active PerfectMeta access licence, noting once 400 lookups have taken place the commercial per disc lookup rates will apply (no additional purchasing of 1 year PerfectMeta will grant more lookups in Batch Ripper).

Administrator

We do not set the rules, AMG and GD3 do - they will not allow a unlimited metadata access with a batch ripping application.

Understand their rules having read the product help files, this is only available after you have purchased. I still say your advertising is selling your product ie the ripping software and batch ripper and a one year licence for download. You do not have any small print attached stating the restriction of 400 cd's, you just state how good your product is, and it is. It is a shame that I feel ripped off and I will be taking this further. Please see below what my licence states, PerfectMeta for 365 days not 365 days or 400 cd's.

Installed: dBpoweramp Reference Registered (see dBpoweramp Configuration for exact version number)

Reference is the premium fully featured version of dBpoweramp and includes extra programs such as CD Writer or Batch Ripper (optional installs).

PerfectMeta™ internet meta data access is licensed with 365 days access at a time (Note PerfectMeta is activated below the main registered download link, upgrades do not contain PerfectMeta licenses).
    Last edited by johnmusicdisk; 03-18-2010 at 03:52 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

where did it say you get unlimited meta-data in batch ripper? As you said batch ripper is free extra software that would normally cost hundreds of dollars from other venders that spoon includes free with reference.

How many discs are you doing?

dBpoweramp Guru

from the front/main page, right under where you point out its promoted for people with large CD collections.

Batch Ripper™ appeals to commercial ripping houses, radio stations or even individuals with a large number of CDs to Rip:

* Auto & manual loading (open design, most robots supported),
    * From one to many drives support,
    * Process overview of each drive and ripping status,
    * Highest quality metadata providers: AMG & GD3,
    * Lowest commercial per-CD metadata rates,
    * Extensive customizable meta-data rule sets,

Over 120 discs per hour through-put, per machine (6x drives)

Quite agree that it states cheapest per cd, but it sells lincence for a full 365 days................ there is no mention of a limit of 400cd's...........................
    This is gross mis advertising>>>>>>>>>>

Administrator

Understand their rules having read the product help files, this is only available after you have purchased
    As it states when you purchase, all programs (including Batch Ripper) have fully functioning trials.

Batch Ripper is a free add-on, so anything in the dBpoweramp configuration relates to dBpoweramp, not any free add-ons.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johnmusicdisk View Post
    Quite agree that it states cheapest per cd, but it sells lincence for a full 365 days................ there is no mention of a limit of 400cd's...........................
    This is gross mis advertising>>>>>>>>>>
    You have the 365, you can use it with reference. Not batch ripper.

Just starte testing dbpoweramp. Looks good! I will use the batch converter to convert 25.000 tracks from iTunes to FLAC. So I understand I will have album art functionality for 400 albums and then pay. How much will I approximately pay per album?

Can I test this before buying?

and most importantly, I cannot figure out how this works, any reference for stupid me :smile2: