title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ShowCenter 250hd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michaelf
    • Mar 2010

ShowCenter 250hd

I recently bought a Pinnacle ShowCentre to stream music to my home entertainment system. It is a upnp system.
    The user interace is not particularly good and therefore I an looking for something better and I came across Asset.
    I have downloaded it, run it and populated it with my library.
    However when I try to access it although the ShowCentre finds Asset I can't get it to recognise any files.
    The simple menu comes up and I click for example on albums but nothing happens. Same with artists etc. Any ideas.

I am running windows xp service pack 3, wireless via a Netgear router, Intel Pentium 4 cpu 3.4ghz, 3.0gb of ram.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ShowCenter 250hd

In Asset Configuration >> Advanced is a debug option, enable it, then try to browse Artists and close Asset, then find and post the debug log please.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Michaelf
      • Mar 2010

Log as requested
      I swtiched on the ShowCenter. It displayed the media servers available. I input the number for Asset. It then loaded a screen showing a menu, artists, albums etc.
      I pressed the number for albums and the screen froze.

===========OnBrowseMetadata================
      0 Filter: dc:title,dc:creator,upnp:class,res,res@duration,re s@protection,upnp:albumArtURI,upnp:artist,upnp:alb um,upnp:originalTrackNumber Count: 0
      =============================================

<DIDL-Lite xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/"><container id="0" parentID="-1" childCount="3" restricted="0" searchable="0"><upnp:searchClass includeDerived="1">object</upnp:searchClass><dc:title>root</dc:title><upnp:artist>Unknown</upnp:artist><upnp:genre>Unknown</upnp:genre><upnp:album>Unknown</upnp:album><dc:creator>Unknown</dc:creator><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container></DIDL-Lite>

===========OnBrowseMetadata================
      0 Filter: dc:title,dc:creator,upnp:class,res,res@duration,re s@protection,upnp:albumArtURI,upnp:artist,upnp:alb um,upnp:originalTrackNumber Count: 0

<DIDL-Lite xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/"><container id="0" parentID="-1" childCount="3" restricted="0" searchable="0"><upnp:searchClass includeDerived="1">object</upnp:searchClass><dc:title>root</dc:title><upnp:artist>Unknown</upnp:artist><upnp:genre>Unknown</upnp:genre><upnp:album>Unknown</upnp:album><dc:creator>Unknown</dc:creator><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container></DIDL-Lite>

===========OnBrowseDirectChildern================
      0 Filter: dc:title,dc:creator,upnp:class,res,res@duration,re s@protection,upnp:albumArtURI,upnp:artist,upnp:alb um,upnp:originalTrackNumber Start Idx: 0 Count: 9

OnBrowseDirectChildren::object_id: 0

SELECT * FROM uDBColumns;

========================FOLDERS==================
      0\Artist
      0\Album
      0\Title
      0\Genre
      0\Style
      0\Composer
      0\Year
      Internet Radio [RadioTime]{_dB_SEP_}0\Internet Radio [RadioTime]{_SEP_}
      Playlists {_dB_SEP_}0\Playlists {_SEP_}
      Advanced Search{_dB_SEP_}0\Advanced Search{_SEP_}
      0\[Details]

========================TRACKS==================

<DIDL-Lite xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/"><container id="au1" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Artist</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container.person</upnp:class></container><container id="au2" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Album</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container.album</upnp:class></container><container id="au3" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Title</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container><container id="au4" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Genre</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container.genre</upnp:class></container><container id="au5" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Style</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container><container id="au6" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Composer</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container><container id="au7" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Year</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container><container id="au9" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Internet Radio [RadioTime]</dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container><container id="au11" parentID="0" restricted="0"><dc:title>Playlists </dc:title><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:class>object.container</upnp:class></container></DIDL-Lite>
      NumberReturned: 9 TotalMatches: 11 UpdateId: 8

Hope you can help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It looks like the request for the artist or album browse did not even arrive, try resetting the showcenter and see if it can still browse the main menu of asset (ie has asset crashed or not?)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Michaelf
          • Mar 2010

I have rebooted Showcenter and gone into the ShowCentre server. That allows me to see and play media.
          When I go back to the start screen which shows me the media servers available I pick Asset and it take me to the menu screen.
          Although the background is the same as ShowCentre it is definitely the asset menu.
          It does not give me any options around video or photos just the audio menu, album, artist, title etc.
          Using the up and down arrows on the remote I can highlight the choice I want but as soon as I click OK which should take me to a submenu it freezes.
          No submenu appears and nothing works on the remote although the ShowCenter status light flashes as it receives the input from the remote.
          In Asset configuration it shows 1000 plus albums, album art is in the media library.
          Don't know what to do. Help please.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It could be because Asset does not show Video and Photos, it could well be a bug in ShowCenter.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Michaelf
              • Mar 2010

I also have a Pinnalce Soundbridge in the bedroom on which I use Firefly media server.
              I switched this on a it shows me Firefly and Asset. If I select Asset I get to the menus and can play music.
              This suggests that the network is OK and Asset works but there might be a problem with Showcentre.

Comment

Working...

]]>