title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

After ripping comes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musicmatters
    • Mar 2010

After ripping comes?

Hi all,

I have downloaded, installed (dMC-R13.4-Ref-Trial.exe), followed the guide http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm and ripped my first CD to .flac :-)

I like the fact that this trial includes the dBpoweramp Reference trial as I have twin PIII Xeon processors and the rip was about twice as quick as using EAC to create the .wav file output.

I have however got a bit confused as my attempts with EAC were to use REACT or WACK to process the ripped Wave output into Flac and Mp3 output with just the one action of setting EAC going.

I followed the cd ripper setup guide as mentioned above but now feel a bit lost with what I should be doing to get both Flac and Mp3's?

Is the idea with this software (dBpoweramp CD Ripper) to rip first to Flac and then use the dBpoweramp Music Converter afterwards. I am trying to create an archive of my CD collection.

Any help much appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: After ripping comes?

Install the Multi-Encoder utility codec from:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• musicmatters
      • Mar 2010

Brilliant, thanks.

Also, as I went through the set up article whilst I was logged in as the administrator is there a way to transfer those settings to the account I use everyday which is just a limited type account?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not easily no.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• drjenkins
          • Feb 2006

After making configuration changes with your admin account run regedit and export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate" to Illustrate.reg. Then log in to your non-admin account and import Illustrate.reg.

-drjenkins

Comment

• musicmatters
            • Mar 2010

Hi drjenkins

Thanks for the suggestion. I have given up with the limited user account at the moment as the install which obviously has to be done using an admin account doesnt seem to set permissions correctly on the program folders as the program doesn't work properly when logged in as the limited user. A few of the things i've noticed when logged in as the limited user is that the trial appears to have expired, same with the meta service. Also couldn't add any DSP items, in fact it showed as if the DSP addon hadn't been installed.

Comment

Working...

]]>