title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Minor annoyances, but several

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GiacomoGo
    • Aug 2006

Minor annoyances, but several

I don't use cdwriter much, because it seems unfinished. here's are a few examples:

1) can't recurse folder contents in upper right-hand window. this would be useful, especially because I could then use the lower-right pane to sort and select.

2) selecting tracks, lower right-hand pane shows tags, but if I try to rearrange cols (dragging left & right) it gets totally confused and messes up the contents. selecting "Default cols" sorts this out, but then default cols don't include Year.

3) in that same lower pane I can select multiple tracks from one folder, and it looks like I can drag multiple tracks to the left-hand planned CD window, but then the music converter only converts and queues the first. Not only inconvenient (I can't convert 8 and walk away, I have to drag 8 individually) but inconsistent behavior, and inconsistent with Win Explorer -> right-click -> Convert 2 behavior which can handle multiple tracks in one go.

4) doesn't seem to detect the proper write speed for my drive. After burning first coffee coaster (failed burn) it says "tip: reduce speed". After burning 2 more coffee coasters, I have no slower speeds avail, so apparently my only option is to burn coffee coasters and not custom mix CDs for the car.

disappointing. I have WinXP SP 3 and an old DELL "HL-DT-ST" drive model "DVD+RW GCA-4040N" (which may explain the burn problems, but not the other software annoyances).
Working...

]]>