title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WMA to WAV - getting an error

WMA to WAV - getting an error

When I try to run the converter from the command line to convert a WMA file to WAV, I get "Error: Unable to load encoder 'Wave'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]" Is there a codec that I need to install to do this? If so, what one? My command line is:

coreconverter -infile="094634037457_01_005_wm9lossless_full.wma" -outfile="testWav.wav" -convert_to="Wave" =priority="high" -silent -errorfile="errors.txt"

Administrator

Re: WMA to WAV - getting an error

Wave should be fine it is there by default, as a test change Wave to FLAC, does that work?

How strange - same thing, unable to load encoder 'FLAC'. And mp3 too - FLAC to MP3 was working before I installed the WMA codec - and now nothing seems to be working. Please help! (This is urgent, I have routines running that have apparently been disabled since yesterday - Ack!!)

To elaborate, when I run dbConfig, I see no encoders listed at all. On one of my other machines this looks normal, includes FLAC, WAVE, etc. I don't know hoe I managed to lose them on the machine in question, but what's the best wat to correct the situation?

Thanks for your help on this!

What happens if you uninstall the wma codec?

Administrator

Reinstall dBpoweramp.