title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA to WAV - getting an error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khartley
    • Dec 2009

WMA to WAV - getting an error

When I try to run the converter from the command line to convert a WMA file to WAV, I get "Error: Unable to load encoder 'Wave'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]" Is there a codec that I need to install to do this? If so, what one? My command line is:

coreconverter -infile="094634037457_01_005_wm9lossless_full.wma" -outfile="testWav.wav" -convert_to="Wave" =priority="high" -silent -errorfile="errors.txt"
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA to WAV - getting an error

Wave should be fine it is there by default, as a test change Wave to FLAC, does that work?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• khartley
      • Dec 2009

How strange - same thing, unable to load encoder 'FLAC'. And mp3 too - FLAC to MP3 was working before I installed the WMA codec - and now nothing seems to be working. Please help! (This is urgent, I have routines running that have apparently been disabled since yesterday - Ack!!)

Comment

• khartley
        • Dec 2009

To elaborate, when I run dbConfig, I see no encoders listed at all. On one of my other machines this looks normal, includes FLAC, WAVE, etc. I don't know hoe I managed to lose them on the machine in question, but what's the best wat to correct the situation?

Thanks for your help on this!

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

What happens if you uninstall the wma codec?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Reinstall dBpoweramp.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>