title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rita
    • Mar 2010

Converting to mp3

I only convert from wav (Dalet-wav) to mp3. The converted files plays well on a computer, but I also want to play them on a CD player which plays mp3. But the sound is destroyed - to fast or to slow... What do I do wrong? This was no problem on a earlier version.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting to mp3

If the exact file plays on the PC but not on the CD player, it suggests the CD player is not compatible with that mp3 type.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rita
      • Mar 2010

Thank you for answers.
      Spoon:
      The CD player is compatible with mp3. I have an old version of the dbpoweramp (from 2004) on an old pc, and when I convert with this, I can use the files on computers and the CD player. I bought a new version for a new pc, and when I convert with this, the files plays OK on computers but not on the same CD player. (The sound to fast or to slow) Do you know anything to help me? :-)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try using the fraunhofer mp3 encoder option (in the Reference Codec Pack), or choose a Constant bitrate in Lame.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Also, what is the frequency of these mp3 files? The player might be expecting 44.1KHz (44100Hz).

Comment

Working...

]]>