title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Doesn't work with W7...even in XP compatible mode

Doesn't work with W7...even in XP compatible mode

I recently migrated from my old computer to a new one and I have the same problem...."No CD writers found". Haven't been able to make it work on my new computer.

W7 Home Premium 64bit. dBpoweramp CD Writer Compatibility set to XP (SP3) and run as administrator. DVD/CD combo......ATAPI iHAS124 A ATA Device.

The CD Ripper is fine. However, I can't seem to make CD Writer work....it just won't find my DVD/CD drive. Checked device manager properties and everything seems to be fine on the computer.
    Last edited by rocknharp; 03-07-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Re: Doesn't work with W7...even in XP compatible mode

I might be wrong and yes I'm new to forums, but I don't think Windows Home Premium has XP mode. I think only Win7 Pro and higher have it. I don't want to speculate that you might be seeing it but it's not working because of that - since I'm new to dbpoweramp myself. I have Win7 Pro 64bit and when I switched my burner to XP mode, it worked.

wayspooled: rocknharp is talking about the "Compatibility" tab on the properites of the exe, not the virtualized "XP Mode" you are referring to.

Doesn't work on my Windows 7 PC either.

Upgraded from Vista 64, it used to work.

I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) , now CD Writer is not working. I get:

<no CD writers found>

Illustrate - WHAT DO I DO?????

HELP!
    :thumbdown

:blush: Never mind, I set compatibility to XP, then all was well.

Windows 7 even had a "TROUBLESHOOT" option for me. It did some kind of "CHECKING FOR COMPATIBILITY" then gave me a "USE SUGGESTED OPTIONS" choice, which set it to XP. Pretty nice built stuff built in to Windows 7.

I spoke too soon :cry:

CD Writer now shows the available CD Writers but I cannot add any tracks to the CD.

I drag the files over from a Windows Explorer window and nothing happens when I drop them in the CD Writer window. No file appears in the CD Writer window, it just remains blank.

Wow, this software worked great under Vista, but now.... can;t get it to work.

Administrator

Try reinstalling it, you need Music Converter installed in the same folder.