title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I get Front Album Cover Art as Art 1

How do I get Front Album Cover Art as Art 1

I have ripped 2000 albums to FLAC with both Front and Back Album Art in the tag. Front Album Art is always Art 2 and Back Album Art is always Art 1 when looking at the tag. Not a problem with J River MC as it knows which is the Front and Back. But when I convert to AIFF for iTunes, it uses ART 1 for front album cover and it's the back album art. So I must delete all album art and then re-import Folder.jpg to get around this.

Also, if a song only has the Front Album Art, it is Art 1. If I now add the Back Album Art, the Back Album Art becomes Art 1 and the Front Album Art becomes Art 2. Is it because Art 1 & 2 is sorted by alpha so Back Album Art always sorts to Art 1?

But I would like to have front and back album art in iTunes and not go through this workaround everytime. Any suggestions??? Thanks.
    Cary

Administrator

Re: How do I get Front Album Cover Art as Art 1

Normally the name of the art work is assigned to its position, such as 'Front Cover' so it does not matter which order they are in.

That may be true but Itunes always takes the Back cover Art. If position and name doesn't matter, what does?
    Thanks,
    Cary

Administrator

If the art is being inverted in order, then try AIFF >> FLAC >> AIFF again (or AIFF >> AIFF)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi,

iTunes does display the first item in the album art list. You may be able to script this using iTunes itself or, if there isn't an existing script, one of the members of the mp3tag forum should be able to sort you out.

Daz