title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I am a bit confused...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoasterXtreme

I am a bit confused...

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this but I need some help with the Spoon Installer. on this screen: http://www.zerognetwork.com/~coaster...tallerhelp.JPG I am guessing this will allow me to change a registry value. What I want to do is change a registry value so windows knows to open my program when a .usn file is clicked. is that what this section of the program can do? because I have tried changing stuff through VB code and I just can't get it to work so I am hoping that Spoon Installer can do this for me. If this section can change a registry value then can someone please explain to me how I would do this. Thank You
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

You can do but you will have to write a few out - file associations work something like this (I cannot verify what I am saying 100% as regedit will not show my classes root...):

for example text:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt\

you set the ?default value to a name such as 123bob

then you would have:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\123bob\

and something like \open\

and the name of your program somewhere, anyhow see how various .extensions work and what they point to.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>