title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: @ Spoon: Errors in AccurateRipID calculations in beta versions?

dBpoweramp Guru

@ Spoon: Errors in AccurateRipID calculations in beta versions?

I am playing around with CUETools now, and it seems it sometimes comes up with a distinctly different AccurateRip-ID than what is written to my tags. (And yes, these CDs are audio-only without HTOA.)

Before I submit bug reports to the developer:

* I know that at least one R13 beta had erroneous calculations for single track CDs, but I do not know of other errors. Can you please clarify whether there were others?

* Did any R13 at any stage produce files which would lead to a different TOC than from the CD?

* Have any R13 beta submissions been purged as result of this?

Administrator

Re: @ Spoon: Errors in AccurateRipID calculations in beta versions?

1) Not effecting AccurateRip
    2) No
    3) Not required.

What you are seeing is if you have an enhanced audio CD, CUETools does not know the length of the data section, so it cannot calculate the Disc ID for that disc.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1) Not effecting AccurateRip
    To be precise: Not affecting the AccurateRipID tag? (Except for the obvious error on single-track CDs?) I am not asking about the accuracy count tag.

What you are seeing is if you have an enhanced audio CD, CUETools does not know the length of the data section, so it cannot calculate the Disc ID for that disc.
    I have taken care to consider only CDs which do not have any apparent data files, but my only way of knowing is to check that the only "files" are Track01.cda, Track02.cda, and so on. Is this test sufficient? Could I then be safe that they are not EnhancedCDs?

Administrator

>on single-track CDs

This was an error of the track listing, way before AccurateRip, in R13.3 it would not list single track CDs, let alone rip them.

Also if the disc does not start at frame 150 (2 seconds in) then CueTools would not generate the correct disc ID.

dBpoweramp Guru

Also if the disc does not start at frame 150 (2 seconds in) then CueTools would not generate the correct disc ID.
    Ah. And there is no way to tell, I suppose. Thanks for the clarification.

Wishlist item here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...oper*post96859
    Last edited by Porcus; 02-03-2010 at 07:29 PM.