title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Feature Request: CD Text Writing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sugar Magnolia
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

Feature Request: CD Text Writing

It would be really usefull if CD Writer would write CD Text. Would make mix CD's friendlier, both for future re-ripping and in car streos with text support.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Feature Request: CD Text Writing

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia
    It would be really usefull if CD Writer would write CD Text. Would make mix CD's friendlier, both for future re-ripping and in car streos with text support.
    Unfortunately the code, which belongs to someone else, that CD Writer uses to burn CDs doesn't support CD-Text and the owner(s) aren't interested in adding it as a feature.

So unless Spoon changes CD Writer to use a different burn engine it will not support CD-Text.

Comment

• talisker
      • Jan 2010

Bad to hear that. It's a very cool tool to do your own compilations.
      I really would appreciate this feature to. Hope Spoon will find some time to implement this CD Text Writing means to replace the engine with one who is able to handle it.

Comment

• wayspooled
        • Mar 2010

and this explains why I haven't been able to get it to do CD-Text :P I just spent a day messing with it trying to make it burn text. Arrgh! Hello, I'm new.

Comment

• Stratman_69
          • May 2010

So let me get this straight. I have this awesome new CD ripper, burner, converter and when I burn compilation CDs I will not be able to see the track NAMES only Track 1, Track 2, etc...? Just want to make sure before I burn a CD because if I can't see the track names, what's the point??? I mean this feature is STANDARD in most programs, is it not???:( If it's not, can someone recommend some other software that WILL allow me to see tracks??? Thanks all...

Comment

• Vocalpoint
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Stratman_69
            So let me get this straight. I have this awesome new CD ripper, burner, converter and when I burn compilation CDs I will not be able to see the track NAMES only Track 1, Track 2, etc...? Just want to make sure before I burn a CD because if I can't see the track names, what's the point??? I mean this feature is STANDARD in most programs, is it not???:( If it's not, can someone recommend some other software that WILL allow me to see tracks??? Thanks all...
            Just get IMGburn. It's head and shoulders above CD Writer. And yes - CD Text is included - plus it's free. Possibly the best free piece of software I have ever seen.

No disrespect to Spoon and the crew - I love my db Reference suite...but if your needs are specific - there are much better burning alternatives out there.

Comment

• Wayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Aug 2002

CD Writer is great at creating MP3 CDROMs for my car as all the files are converted and renamed so that they are recognised and handled properly by the in-car CD Player.

All other programs that I have seen require that you manually arrange the files - CD Writer does it automatically.

If I want a CD-Text Audio CD I use Nero.

Comment

Working...

]]>