title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

getting secure rips of troublesome audio CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sossity
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2010

getting secure rips of troublesome audio CD's

I have just settled on & purchased this program, & most of my rips are secure, but I have about 20-30 CDs that ripped with secure warnings or errors, even when the discs look clean to my eyes & after adjusting the secure ripper settings. Is there a good way to repair these cds? what about CD repair kits? are they any good? which ones would be best?
  • eaglescout1998
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2009

Re: getting secure rips of troublesome audio CD's

I have ran into some discs (usually "copy protected") that refused to play nice with dBpoweramp. I know that this is going to sound nutty, but I have had some success ripping such discs by ripping each track in reverse order.

Comment

• Sossity
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by eaglescout1998
      I have ran into some discs (usually "copy protected") that refused to play nice with dBpoweramp. I know that this is going to sound nutty, but I have had some success ripping such discs by ripping each track in reverse order.

How do I go about doing this?

Comment

• eaglescout1998
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2009

But there's really not that much too. Just rip each track one at a time. But instead of ripping the first track first, rip the last track first. So, on a CD with ten tracks. Rip Track *blooper*10 first, then Track *blooper*09, then Track *blooper*08, an so on...

I don't know why, but I have had some success ripping troublesome discs using this method.

Comment

• Sossity
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by eaglescout1998
          But there's really not that much too. Just rip each track one at a time. But instead of ripping the first track first, rip the last track first. So, on a CD with ten tracks. Rip Track *blooper*10 first, then Track *blooper*09, then Track *blooper*08, an so on...

I don't know why, but I have had some success ripping troublesome discs using this method.

actually that is not quite the problem, just some tracks rip with errors & some of the cds are scratched, wondered if the cd repair kits are any good?

Comment

• sdcoomber
            • Nov 2009

Hi. I might be able to help you. PM me with the albums / tracks you cannot rip and I'll let you know. I maintain a library of over 6000 albums for our local group. (Moderators: I am not proposing any piracy, just assisting a legitimate owner of a product )

Comment

• pjc2
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Sossity
              I have about 20-30 CDs that ripped with secure warnings or errors, even when the discs look clean to my eyes
              If they look perfect even on close inspection, it's probably your drive. The Pioneer DVR-116 in a DupliQ, for example, will sometimes get read errors on absolutely perfect discs. Running those discs through an old Plextor (and possibly any different drive) solves the problem -- no errors whatsoever.

I've found this to be the case in about 5 out of 250 CDs so far. (Another 2 or 3 had substantial scratches, and the PX-230A also read them without a hiccup.)

Comment

• Sossity
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pjc2
                If they look perfect even on close inspection, it's probably your drive. The Pioneer DVR-116 in a DupliQ, for example, will sometimes get read errors on absolutely perfect discs. Running those discs through an old Plextor (and possibly any different drive) solves the problem -- no errors whatsoever.

I've found this to be the case in about 5 out of 250 CDs so far. (Another 2 or 3 had substantial scratches, and the PX-230A also read them without a hiccup.)
                I am using this drive because when I was trying Exact Audio copy, it stated/showed that it was the better of my 2 DVD drives; one is HL-DT-ST-RW/DVD GCC-4480B, of which I have been using, EAC favored this one, & the other is the Pioneer.

Comment

Working...

]]>