title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"Confidence:1" after _second_ submitted result, yes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gew
    • Dec 2009

Re: "Confidence:1" after _second_ submitted result, yes?

Originally posted by Spoon
    1 and 3 would only appear after another person verifies.
    But it is there, somwhere in db, although it doesn't appear. It just waits for a second submitter, right?

However, I've ripped some disc that gave me only "Track ripped OK! [CRC] (Condience:1". How do I know when Confidence:1 means that only one person has submitted the track, or that it has in fact been verified by another?

Sigh, it's still pretty confuzing. Just as I thought I had it right, this wonder-cloud..

In what case (any at all??) does Confidence:1 mean that only one person has submitted a track? Or does tracks submitted by one person only (no 2nd submit/verification) "hide" from ppl ripping other crc in AR db?

Comment

• Gew
      • Dec 2009

Perhaps not completely out in the blue.

Is it so that AccurateRip somehow "remembers" no. 1 & 3 (eg. the fact that they have been submitted one time each), so that they won't have to appear in (two) subsequent rips/submits to come..? That would change the fact that AR consistently looks for subsequent crcs.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is the published database and raw database, the raw database contains all submissions.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gew
          • Dec 2009

There is the published database and raw database, the raw database contains all submissions.
          Aaah. That explains a lot. So, it is also so that ripped track results are never displayed as Confidence:1 (in published database) until they are verified by at least one other (so that given checksum has had a total of 2 submissions)...?

Comment

• Gew
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Gew
            Aaah. That explains a lot. So, it is also so that ripped track results are never displayed as Confidence:1 (in published database) until they are verified by at least one other (so that given checksum has had a total of 2 submissions)...?
            In short:
            Is it -- without exception? -- so that a track is required to have more than one submission to move from raw db to published db?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Correct
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gew
                • Dec 2009

Correct
                Marvelous! I think what made me confuzed earlier was how I read in some thread that "tracks that give C:1 cannot be trusted, since it could pretty much just be your own rip that has entered db". Then of course, you've earlier explained how published db is updated once a ~month, so it would me then still be pretty far out the edge, but I guess I pretty much brooded my head into that, which complicated to understand concept. Getting to know the distinct difference in raw db and published db was a great relief, making everything so much easier. Ofc, if I'd found this thread (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=53150) earlier, I would have known about this wo/ having to ask.

Anyways, one last thing. Confidence:1. I could pretty much swear that I have gotten Confidence:1 on some of the CDs that I have ripped. How does this add upp with -- quoting from that old thread -- "..When two or more results for individual track match, the data is moved into 'confirmed' database.." ?¿

Do you understand my mind flow right now? :P

We've concluded that at least two submissions must be for a crc to go to published db. Then getting the rip result "Confidence:1" must be.. impossible? I might add I'm not 110% sure that I've gotten this result, but I _think_ that I got it once when I was ripping. Just to be clear.

Theoretical idea:
                Is it so that when a track is being submitted for the very first time (discID has no previous track crcs in db), the crc will go directly into published db (as C:1)..? And then that process of wiping both _if_ the next one submitted doesn't match eg.)..?

This would explain everything.
                But I'm not entirely sure.
                Only you know Spoon.
                Am I close?

Comment

• Gew
                  • Dec 2009

> "Confidence:1" it means that 2 unique users/computers has ripped the track in particular

Not always, if there is only one pressing of a CD then a single submission would be made available.

I hate inconsistency/paradoxes.
                  They keep me up sleepless nights etc ;(

Right now this statement (quoted above) is what bugs me. I can't seem to mix it with the fact that each track crc submission needs at least one 2nd submit to be moved from raw db -> published db.

So..

Say %DiscID% is not present at all in db to begin with. Now user (for the first time) rips a track and submits it. Then the ripped crc goes straight to published db with Confidence:1, correct?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

We changed the database to pull all conf:1 as a measure to drop inconsistent results, and stop the possibility of drives keying of bad offset rips.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gew
                      • Dec 2009

Oh, I see.

So..

Originally posted by Gew
                      Say %DiscID% is not present at all in db to begin with. Now user (for the first time) rips a track and submits it. Then the ripped crc goes straight to published db with Confidence:1, correct?
                      That would then have been the past behaviour.

Whereas now the (1st) ripped crc would go into raw db with..

a) "conf:0" (symbolically speaking) - and then conf:1 in published db when a second user verifies it.

or

b) conf:1 in raw db - and then conf:2 in published db when a second user verifies it.

?

Comment

• pjc2
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Nov 2009

On Jan 27:
                        We changed the database to pull all conf:1 as a measure to drop inconsistent results, and stop the possibility of drives keying of bad offset rips.
                        When did you make this change?

On Jan 22 you wrote:
                        > "Confidence:1" it means that 2 unique users/computers has ripped the track in particular

Not always, if there is only one pressing of a CD then a single submission would be made available.
                        and on Jan 24 you wrote:
                        A guy rips a disc and gets an incorrect rip as [BBBBBBB] (because of scratch), it submits and this result is in the db. You rip correctly get [AAAAAAAA], submit, now neither results are in the db, 3rd guy rips and submits [AAAAAAAA], now only [AAAAAAAA] appears.
                        Or are all these the same and we're misunderstanding you?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Looking at the latest database code, it will keep Conf: 1 if no other submissions, so I was right in the first instance (the code did drop conf 1 at one time, but the recent rewrite restored it).
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gew
                            • Dec 2009

Originally Posted by Spoon
                            A guy rips a disc and gets an incorrect rip as [BBBBBBB] (because of scratch), it submits and this result is in the db. You rip correctly get [AAAAAAAA], submit, now neither results are in the db, 3rd guy rips and submits [AAAAAAAA], now only [AAAAAAAA] appears.
                            So is this obsolute information?

And btw, is confidence:number to be considered always reflect the actual number of submissions, eg. no offset +/- 1 so that initial submission is "hang-loose" and second submission go as confidence:1 ie?

Comment

• Gew
                              • Dec 2009

Concrete example.

I have this CD. I ripped it and got "Could not be verified [CRC], AccurateRip returned [CRC_in_db]" on all tracks. So, I assume that my pressing was simply not in database. Anyways, after ripping all tracks I submitted them.

So..

Question 1) Will people who rip tracks from this album get my verification crc's with confidence:1 from after approx a month (next pub db update), or will it need a second submission??

Question 2) If there had been no previous pressings in database, eg. I would have gotten "Track is not in database" on every track of the disc mentioned above, would then my single submission had been enough to have users who rip (after ~a month) get OK/confidence:1..?

I have a feeling that having these two questions answered will distinguish satisfactory answers on all counts, even out any question marks, etc.. So, thank you in advance!

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Re: Concrete example.

Try R14 it can check across pressings (in the beta section of this forum).
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>