title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: problem when ripping cd's to wav

Question problem when ripping cd's to wav

I have been ripping my cd collection to wav and have come across a problem when the wav files are played back, regardless of the player used. Some are louder than others and some music is so much louder that the music distorts, quite badly. Is there a setting that stops this from happening??

Administrator

Re: problem when ripping cd's to wav

Did you include any DSP effects when ripping?

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am not sure about dsp effects. I have looked at the dsp tab and it is empty. I have burnt some recently produced WAV files onto a cd and can confirm that the new WAV file of Neil Youngs Harvest Moon is noticeably louder and distorts on playback. Turning down the volume does not make the distortion go away. My playback equipment is quite good, seperate yamaha pre amp power amp, mission speakers etc etc. I only mention this because I dont think the playback equip is at fault. Its driving me bonkers! your help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

What happens if you rip to Wave, and playback on the PC, still have the distortion?