title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch-specific filenames?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjc2
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2009

Batch-specific filenames?

Is there a way to configure the output path or filenames to be partly dependent on the batch?

For example, is there a [batchid] variable I can insert in the file specification? The FAQ on naming doesn't list any.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch-specific filenames?

There is [unique] but this is only unique on a file basis, not batch.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sredmyer
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Re: Batch-specific filenames?

Originally posted by pjc2
      Is there a way to configure the output path or filenames to be partly dependent on the batch?

For example, is there a [batchid] variable I can insert in the file specification? The FAQ on naming doesn't list any.
      I myself do not use [BatchID] but I do use [BatchName]. I use this in my naming script like so:
      \[tag]batchname[]\Accurate\[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album...
      Then when I start a new batch (which for me is a new customer's order) I fill the batch name field (in BatchRipper) with the customer's name. This results for me in the files for each customer (batch) being saved in a folder named for the customer under my root ripping folder like so.
      H:\John Doe\Accurate\Metallica\...

In order for this to work you must have BatchRipper setup to save the batchname in the metadata tags. I imagine this same type of setup would also work with batchid but as I say I do not use batchid so I can not say for sure.

Comment

Working...

]]>