title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Drive speed doesn't remain constant while ripping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Drive speed doesn't remain constant while ripping

I replaced one of my LG GSA-H62N drives with a new LG GH22LS40. This new drive is acting very weird. I set the speed for maximum, but it sometimes slows down during a track, then speeds back up, then back down again. This causes the track to fail. So when I hear it spinning at maximum, I cancel the rip, and start it again. Then the track rips to the end, using maximum speed. But then the next track starts the whole process over again.

Also sometimes the speed gets stuck very slow. It won't rip at maximum, even though I have it set at maximum. I have to take CD out, and reboot computer. Also when I first start the rip, it will sometimes start ripping very slow on the first track at 7x, then when it reaches 15% of first track, it finally kicks drive to maximum speed. My other LG drive would always spin up drive to maximum immediately.

Is there any way to fix these problems? If not, I will return drive to store. It also makes high-pitched noise at slower speeds, when I first put disc in. Like it's having trouble reading the disc.
    Last edited by Hobizal; 01-16-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Administrator

Re: Drive speed doesn't remain constant while ripping

Many drives will self do this when they encounter a difficult patch to rip.

Re: Drive speed doesn't remain constant while ripping

Spoon, thanks for replying. I appreciate it. When I heard the drive doing this, I first thought it may be faulty. I had Pioneer and other brands, and never encountered the speed changes.