title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No playback, just skips files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdgrimes
    • Jan 2010

No playback, just skips files

With Asset set to force LPCM, it was working before but now it just skips any file selected and keeps skipping down the list every few seconds. Using Oppo BDP-83 player which has been working fine with other server software and with this one previously. Have tried re-setting and re-starting everything with no luck.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No playback, just skips files

Did anything change?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rdgrimes
      • Jan 2010

Nothing changed other than setup changes in the software, but at present no settings changes will make it work.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In Asset configuration there is a debug option, switch it on, try to play a file then dig out the log file contents (the location is shown below the debug option), post the results here please.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rdgrimes
          • Jan 2010

Too many characters in the log file to post here.

Comment

• rdgrimes
            • Jan 2010

Here's a shorter one. Note that even MP3, which is not forced to PCM, also does not play.

===========OnBrowseDirectChildern================
            0 Filter: res,res@resolution,res@protocolInfo,res@size,res@d uration,res@bitrate,res@sampleFrequency,res@bitsPe rSample,res@nrAudioChannels,res@protection,dc:crea tor,dc:date,upnp:genre,upnp:album,upnp:originalTra ckNumber,upnp:channelNr,upnp:scheduledStartTime,up np:scheduledEndTime,upnp:icon,upnp:albumArtURI,upn p:artist,container@childCount Start Idx: 0 Count: 1
            =============================================

<DIDL-Lite xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/"><item id="[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25.mp3" parentID="-1" restricted="0"><dc:title>[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25</dc:title><upnp:artist>(Unknown Artist)</upnp:artist><res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01">http://192.168.0.2:26125/content/c2/b16/f44100/[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25.mp3</res><res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/wav:DLNA.ORG_PN=WAV;DLNA.ORG_OP=01">http://192.168.0.2:26125/content/c2/b16/f44100/[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25.wav</res><res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/L16:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DLNA.ORG_CI=1; DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=41500000000000000000000000000000">http://192.168.0.2:26125/content/c2/b16/f44100/[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25.l16</res><res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01">http://192.168.0.2:26125/content/c2/b16/f44100/[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25.mp3</res><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:class></item></DIDL-Lite>

===========ProcessFileRequest================
            /content/c2/b16/f44100/
            =============================================

Content Range: 0 to -1

SELECT * FROM uMediaTable WHERE (iID='0');
            ->-> [cldBCodecHandler::FindDecoder]
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\aac.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Decodes [clDecoder::Get]
            ->-> [clDecoder::Close]
            <-<- [clDecoder::Close]
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Aiff.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\FLAC.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\m4a.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Monkeys Audio.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\mp3.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Musepack.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Ogg Vorbis.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Wave.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Wave64.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Wavpack.dll' for extension '.txt'
            Checking Decoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\Windows Media Audio.dll' for extension '.txt'
            <-<- [cldBCodecHandler::FindDecoder]
            Last edited by Spoon; 01-14-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• rdgrimes
              • Jan 2010

Uninstalled and reinstalled Asset to no effect. I note that previous settings were retained, so the uninstall is not a clean one.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>http://192.168.0.2:26125/content/c2/b16/f44100/[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25.mp3

>/content/c2/b16/f44100/

These two show the problem, the player cannot handle the URL '[', but it is a problem of asset (it should not be giving [ in the filename), anyhow if you browse not through files and folders, instead Artist then there is no issue.
                Last edited by Spoon; 01-14-2010, 07:18 PM.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rdgrimes
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                  >http://192.168.0.2:26125/content/c2/b16/f44100/[FILE-SYSTEM]2-au25.mp3

>/content/c2/b16/f44100/

These two show the problem, the player cannot handle the URL '[', but it is a problem of asset (it should not be giving [ in the filename), anyhow if you browse not through files and folders, instead Artist then there is no issue.
                  I don't really understand this. It makes no difference how I browse, nothing plays. It all worked fine previously, it's not a player problem AFAIK.

Comment

• rdgrimes
                    • Jan 2010

OK, if I remove "Folder and File Name Browsing" from the browser tree, I can play any file from any container. If I add that to the browser tree, I can only play files from the "Artist" container. Adding "Folder and File Name Browsing" container breaks all the other containers except "Artist".

So I'm back to looking at one endless list of files with no organization, and/or re-naming hundreds of files so they will list in some order that makes sense.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It should not effect any of the others (such as album) only within 'Folder & file browsing'
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rdgrimes
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                        It should not effect any of the others (such as album) only within 'Folder & file browsing'
                        In any case, without the ability to browse by location the server is of very little use. Browsing by location is the default for most server software, and for good reason. I hope this can get fixed quickly.

Comment

• bsauvage
                          • Feb 2010

Having the exact same problem for the very same reason. I actually purchased the full version of Asset UPnP specifically to be able to browse by folder on my BDP-83; if I don't have this functionality then it's pretty much useless to me.
                          Spoon, when do you think this can be fixed? I really hope you can address that issue soon.

Many thanks

Comment

• rdgrimes
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by bsauvage
                            Having the exact same problem for the very same reason. I actually purchased the full version of Asset UPnP specifically to be able to browse by folder on my BDP-83; if I don't have this functionality then it's pretty much useless to me.
                            Spoon, when do you think this can be fixed? I really hope you can address that issue soon.

Many thanks
                            I suppose that the lack of any response at all is an answer, but not the one we hope for. Glad I didn't pay for the software, since I can't use it.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

The fix will be made to R3 in due time.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>