title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

no cache, slow (8x) with new pioneer drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ethanw
    • Jan 2010

no cache, slow (8x) with new pioneer drive

I just installed a new internal drive: pioneer DVR-A18M after having problems with a new USB drive. I was surprised that the cache test said that it appears to have no cache, and that it's ripping at less than half the speed of my three year old Sony in secure mode. Is there anything for me to check, or is this maybe not a great drive for ripping? Right when I hit "rip", I can hear the drive begin to speed up like it's going to be a fast rip, but then it quickly slows down, starts ripping at 8x and stays there.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: no cache, slow (8x) with new pioneer drive

Try ripping in burst mode (with no drive speed options set, so left on maximum), this is the max speed the drive can rip in.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ethanw
      • Jan 2010

Re: no cache, slow (8x) with new pioneer drive

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try ripping in burst mode (with no drive speed options set, so left on maximum), this is the max speed the drive can rip in.
      yup, max rip speed, 8x. Seems lame, new model, but slower than ALL my other drives?? Oh well. Cachex confirms no cache as well, which isn't a bad thing for this application I guess. Still, I think I'm going to get a used/refurb Plextor 716a on the Bay. I don't like the 8x speed from the pioneer, and let's face it, it will just be fun to have one. Pioneer: back to Best Buy.

Thanks for the help . . . yet again.

Comment

Working...

]]>