title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Searching for inaccurate rips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Searching for inaccurate rips

I have now ripped my collection over over 4000. In order to get the job done quickly I used batch ripper, swallowed the cost of the lookups and only rarely re-ripped when there were inaccurate tracks. Overall results were positive. I have as you would expect a number of tracks which ripped inaccurately which I wish to report on and see if I can get a better result with more care on individual discs.

So the question is, can anyone think of a way of producing a list of tracks which are inaccurate. right clicking on every one of 65,000 files is a bit daunting! I have Foobar2000 on one of the PCs if that is a possible route.

Advise please, experts :-)

Administrator

Re: Searching for inaccurate rips

Open Batch Converter, select your music library. Then click 'List' >> right click on the size header and select Tags >> AccurateRip result. Let it load the values then sort on that column by clicking it.

Thank you again fro fantastic service

Exclamation Re: Searching for inaccurate rips

As far as I can tell, the BC runs through every file and reads the TAG info and displays it afterwards.
    I discovered that out of 5000 tracks I have ripped so far (about 10% of the entire library ~sigh~) there are 25 tracks that for some reason didn't get the info written into the TAG. It seems to some random error since other files belonging to the same album does have the TAG info. The track missing TAG info can be track 02...track 05 ...or the last track doesn't make much sense to me other than sometimes things don't work as it is suppose to?
    For the guy searching for in-accurate rips I'd suggest using one of the TAG editors as you'll get a chance to export the info into an Excel file which might be convinient when planning the re-rip ;o)

Thanks. You are right, because although Spoon's advice was spot on, it wasn't clear how I would export the information and I have rather a lot of inaccurate tracks! Do you have any TAG editors in mind that would allow an export in CSV etc.

Exclamation Re: Searching for inaccurate rips

Well the TAG editor questions seems to be an ever green; everyone is asking for the 'best' TAG editor ;o)
    I have tried a few where some is not only TAG editors such as Helium Music Manager or MediaMonkey, and TAG Editor only such as MP3 TAG and TAG&Rename and also the very 'not user friendl' command tool METAFlac.

I have not found an editor that I'd really would like to recommend, as they all seem to have pitfalls and shortcommings of some kind.

I am using the MP3Tag v.2.45.
    The reason why I stick to that program is the fact that it is able to export an entire tree (the library) to a single Excel (CSV file) and import it again and apply the changes; it is a rather cumbersome process in my eyes, as you need to keep track of the 'export string' and also you need to make sure that the delimiter (I use ';' ) is not present in TAGs or the filename itself.
    I tend to do the export and examin the filename for any delimiters, then correct the filenames if needed. Do the export again and use the 'Convert - Action (Alt+5)' to remove any delimiter from the TAGs (remember to save afterwards), and then export once more and do the actual shuffeling around with the TAG info until it is in a way you like it.
    When doing the import in MP3Tag you have the oppertunity to pre-view before applying the changes although the presentation of the pre-view is not very good.
    As far as I can tell the import feature is not very common in the TAG editor environment. It is also a very common question asked in various forums.

You'll find the editor here: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

There is also some stuff at Wikipedia

A hint; if you want to play around with some of the not so common TAGs you'll find some in the ExtendedTag option ... some TAGs seems to missing and others seems to be named different in the various programs e.g. COMPILATION and DISCNUMBER ... I haven't had the time to dig deep into this yet ....just noticed that TAG&Rename and MP3Tag doesn't seem to agree on these TAGs.
    Also, I had quite a hard time read the MP3Tag Help trying to find the right TAG Names for compilate my export string; it seems that some TAG Names are in the Help others are present in the program itself if you look into the Convert menu and choose an item you'll get the oppertunity to select you "Formatting string"; the program suggest a string, but you can choose to add TAG Names pressing the button to the right of the suggested string. In the bottom of the menu appearing you'll find the Extended Tag Names (or at least most of them). If you don't find the TAG name you can add it yourself; the only pittfall here, as far as I can tell, is that you might choose a name that is not recognized by other programs; therefore I have done export from the vrious programs and compiled the list of TAGs important to me (or likely to be important at some point) and use that.
    This has been written in a hurry and might be a bit messy, I hope it helps you on your way ;o)

/Cheers SorenB