title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Allmusic has art that ripper didn't find.

Allmusic has art that ripper didn't find.

Context: I rip--using dbpoweramp with AMG)--to a wavepack archive then convert on the way to iTunes.

Most of the 307 CDs ripped since 2007 have art work from All Media Guide but some (12-20 or so) didn't get art. Once in awhile, I try to get the art via iTunes but that often doesn't work. Yesterday, I decided to find the All Media Guide web site to see what the status of my missing art was on that site. It turnes out that almost all of the art that the ripper didn't find is actually shown on the site. I put some of my CDs with missing art into the ripper again today; some got track data with no art and some got nothing. One got the correct art and I'll use it to fix the art in iTunes since I may have gotten the wrong art from iTunes originally--not sure. Anyway, putting CDs in the ripper again still doesn't get the art--which exists at Allmusic--so I think that takes care of the possible issue that maybe the art wasn't at All Media Guide when the CD was originally ripped but it's there now.

I've emailed Allmusic asking for permission to take my missing art off the web site but their terms of service looks very restrictive; I doubt they'll say "ok."

With so many CDs now, I find that the album art allows me to make a very quick identification when I'm looking at iTunes for something to play.

So, my question is: How can the ripper fail to get the art? (BTW, most of the missing art is for CDs from the '90s although one is a 2004 CD.)

Administrator

Re: Allmusic has art that ripper didn't find.

Many CDs have multiple releases, the album art might be on one release of the disc and not another.

Re: Allmusic has art that ripper didn't find.

Makes sense.

Ok, thanks.