title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "No CD Writers Found" -- Used To Work

Question "No CD Writers Found" -- Used To Work

I'm getting this error message: "No CD Writers Found." Having read related threads, I thought the following information might be helpful.

My hardware configuration has not changed since I last used CD Writer (4-6 months ago): Matshita BD-MLT UJ-220S ATA.

My OS has changed:
    from Vista Ultimate 32-bit
    to Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

P.S. My PC is dual boot. Am I able to install and test your software in the Vista Partition or will the license prevent me?

Administrator

Re: "No CD Writers Found" -- Used To Work

You have to right click on CD Writer and set the compatibility to XP

That's the charm. Thanks.

I recently migrated from my old computer to a new one and I have the same problem...."No CD writers found". Haven't been able to make it work on my new computer.

W7 Home Premium 64bit. dBpoweramp CD Writer Compatibility set to XP (SP3) and run as administrator. DVD/CD combo......ATAPI iHAS124 A ATA Device.

The CD Ripper is fine....it just won't write tracks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

"No CD writers found" on Windows 7 x64 ultimate

I set to XP SP3 compatibility, now it keeps asking "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to you computer?"

Why does this happen, when Imgburn & Nero don't complain?

Unhappy Re: "No CD Writers Found" -- Used To Work

Quote Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
    "No CD writers found" on Windows 7 x64 ultimate

I set to XP SP3 compatibility, now it keeps asking "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to you computer?"

Why does this happen, when Imgburn & Nero don't complain?
    I also have a Windows 7 x64 Professional Version with XP SP3 Compatibility and it does not recognize my cd writer when other applications recognize it. The CD Ripper recognizes it as "HL-DT-ST DVD+-rw GA31N ATA Device". Anything else I should look at it.

Administrator

There is very little we can do to CD writer if your drive is not detected.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Perhaps you misunderstand. Windows sees the drives. Other programs see the drives, and can write to them.

Only CD Writer reports "no drives found".

This isn't a system issue, but application. Since setting "Windows XP" compatibility corrects the issue, the perhaps Win7 has changed or deprecated the api which CD Writer uses to search for drives.

Administrator

I am aware that other programs can see the drive, but for CD writer we do not have access to the source code to change it (the supplying company is no more).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Using XP SP3 compatibility worked for me. Too bad the app can't be updated. I used to use WMP, for better or for worse, because it was convenient, but it won't do flacs (can play flacs with the add-on, but won't burn them).

In CD Writer, what is inconvenient is not being able to find songs by album title -- the ripper, the way I've used it, organizes file structure by artist name, so if I have an album with multiple artists identified, one for each track, they get scattered around the music folder. in WMA I can burn from album view.

R.