title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

I updated from 13.3 to 13.5, then DSP 7 Beta, then 14 Beta.

Going into Configuration, "Check for Updates" says that R13.5 & DSP 6 are newer. :rolleyes:

Administrator

This is correct R13.5 and DSP 6 are the latest releases. A beta is not a release.

I see on the sticky that the current beta is due to expire "June 2010" and that you are aiming for code complete "by July" with release "in August or later". Does this mean that the current beta will expire on June 30th (4 days time)? Are you planning to release another beta and/or a release candidate in the near future? If so then will that have an expiry date that would take me to the point where R14 is commercially available?

I want to buy dbPowerAmp but, maybe only 8 or so weeks away from commercial availability of R14, it seems a bit silly to start using R13.5 and I'd rather jump in at R14. I run 64 bit Windows 7 and I also see some comments that there are a few 64 bit issues being addressed in R14 so, especially with you apparently being so close to code completion, R14 seems the better way to go.

- Julian

Administrator

The code timeout was extended to September 2010, but the page was not updated.

All I can say about availability is that much work is going into R14 right now, but was with all software products it might slip a month or two on the release.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, can we expect any other major features? I have to say that so far R14 feels more like a 13.x point release. The only major feature is:

CD Ripper - AccurateRip v2: Better CRC implementation & able to check across pressings

Hopefully you have some more treats in store for us.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    Spoon, can we expect any other major features? I have to say that so far R14 feels more like a 13.x point release. The only major feature is:

CD Ripper - AccurateRip v2: Better CRC implementation & able to check across pressings

Hopefully you have some more treats in store for us.
    How about more than 4 cores supported? That's the big one for me.

Administrator

Like I said much work is going on right now to make feature rich.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Like I said much work is going on right now to make feature rich.
    You always play it close to the chest....

Glad to hear it though. Can't wait to see what your cooking for us.

Spoon

Using the latest BETA, I noticed an error in the META DATA and ID Tag options page. Under the Write ID Tags section, Album Sort displays as "Album SortSoloistsSort". Nothing major but something that probably needs to be looked into.

Thank You for all of your hard work.

Administrator

It is a bug, thanks for pointing out.

Apologies if I have misunderstood anything. I have just finished trialling R13 and now installed R14 beta. Is it possible for me to register now for the R13 dBpoweramp Reference in order to get R14 when released?
    Thanks for a great program.
    Matt

Administrator

Not currently no, sorry.

I've noticed that in the the Right-Click>Rip Selected feature doesn't seem to work as one might expect. If I check a couple of songs, then right-click on the first of the checked songs, and choose "Rip Selected" it rips only that track then stops. It behaves as if I chose "Rip this Track Only" instead of choosing "Rip Selected." (I noticed that the checks beside the other songs go away after selecting the command.)

It's a simple enough to check the tracks to be ripped and just hit the big "Rip" at the top left. This works as expected. However, you might want to check out the right-click function before the release.

P.S. I'm in Win7 Ultimate 64bit, using the r14 beta. (I'm not sure where to find the build number.)
    Last edited by Musicfan145; 07-23-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Include OS environment

Administrator

It is as designed, the selected (not checked) tracks are ripped.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, is it possible to document ALL the MP3 and FLAC (vorbis) tag field names that dBpoweramp R14 is writing to?

This would be useful especially when debugging R14.

TIA