title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    There is no benefit of converting a JPG to a PNG. The compression and loss has already occurred. If you don't want dB to resize the jpg and loose more quality change the settings.
    Actually, each re-saving of a jpg file further reduces quality as far as I know. That's why usually it's recommended to go back to the original file.

In any case, I have lots of PNG covers and would like to get at least support for those existing ones for the cover functionality that dBpoweramp offers.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Updated to the latest beta of R14 and noticed the following behaviour:
    having ripped one CD, ejecting it and loading the next one. Until now, the new CD got "searched" automatically, tags and cover showed, then you could start ripping.
    Now, the following happens:
    I eject the old CD, but its tags and cover stay visible - before, this used to vanish.
    I put in the new CD, it loads, and it seems to get recognized, since the small central popup, where the CD-drive is displayed, vanishes like it used to. But the old tags and cover of the previous CD stay visible.
    Only after I hit "reload", the new CD gets fully "indexed".

Is this a bug or a wanted behaviour? Anything, I need to check (some missing configurations, maybe?)

Administrator

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, the behaviour is consistent. I upgraded a few days ago, and had more than just one reboot.
    Anything you would like me to check, so I can provide exact feedback to reproduce the matter?

Administrator

And if you go back to R13.5 it fixes?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon

Did not find any 13.5 to download in the forum or beta section, only 13.4, which is released now...
    I installed 13.4 reg. referenece, but that did not help, either.
    Got a step further, though (both with 13.4 registered ref and latest beta 14):
    I went into regedit and made sure, autostart for the CD-Drive (it's on USB, by the way...) was enabled.
    Now, this happens:
    - R14 is closed
    - loading a CD, nothing happens (haven't defined a default action for autostart with Music-CDs)
    - starting R14, it realizes, that there's a CD in the drive and reads it & gets tags and cover. So far fine...
    - ejecting the CD, now tags and cover dissapear (which is a solution to the problem I mentioned in the earlier post - great!)
    - The little popup appears "insert audio CD into" with the proper drive selected
    - I insert a new CD and close the tray
    - The popup "insert audio CD into" stays put, nothing happens, the CD does not get recognized, the change of the CD seems to go by unnoticed by R13.4/R14.
    - I hit "retry" (or "rescan", does not matter which) ONE time: NOTHING happens!
    - I hit either "retry" or "rescan" a SECOND time: the CD gets recognized and indexed!

Now, I went into options of R13.4/R14 and made a checkmark on "prevent autorun on all CD drives".
    Then and only then, the CD gets "indexed" when I ONCE hit "retry" or "rescan", but never DIRECTLY upon loading the CD, which is a small step forward, but does not solve the problem, that a media change still stays unnoticed by R13.4/R14,
    Only, when I leave the CD in the tray and close&restart R13.4/R14, the CD gets indexed. So, at startup, R13.4/R14 seems to query the CD drive properly in my system.

I did not realize all of this earlier, since I have only been ripping single CDs for a while, the big "ripping sessions" were done some longer time ago. Only now, I have been trying to rip a bunch of CDs, so this behaviour came to my notice. Back then with the bigger sessions, the "autoupdate upon change" did work flawlessly.

Any help is more than welcome...
    Last edited by dvdr; 06-01-2010 at 04:12 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
    Spoon

Did not find any 13.5 to download in the forum or beta section, only 13.4, which is released now...
    I installed 13.4 reg. reference.
    My stupidity, sorry, of course, 13.5 is out - but my "error" in searching 13.5 in the forum maybe lead to the partly solution I posted above:
    installing 13.4 (+testing it) and later on reinstalling latest R14 beta removed the problem, that tags and cover were still displayed when ejecting the disc and loading a new one...
    Could it be, that (I of course had always updated, when a new version was out, so of course I once had 13.5 present before updating to R14) R13.5 introduced something in my system, that lead to the problem described in my previous post? I am just assuming that, since right now I was reinstalling 13.4 and later on udpated to R14 directly and did skip the "13.5-part". Maybe due to that direct update I also skipped some configuration-changes, that lead to my problem????
    Last edited by dvdr; 06-01-2010 at 07:50 AM.

Administrator

Will test for this.

There appears to be a bug with capitalization in the Composer tag. I'm using the DSP capitalization setting of 'Lowercase Except First Letter'. When there are multiple composers in the metadata, the first name is correct but the first letter of subsequent names is not capitalized.

This is the same issue as was reported in this thread: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=19761
    This issue also existed for me with Release 13.5.

Administrator

Which audio format contains this composer tag?

I'm using FLAC with Vorbis Comments.

Administrator

How are your composers tagged? - for FLAC you would have:

COMPOSER=composer1
    COMPOSER=composer2

So in dBpoweramps Tag editor it would appear as composer1; composer2

Yes, each composer name is in a separate tag like your example.

I made a couple screen captures (dBpoweramp tag editor and a file content viewer) and I notice that the Style tags also have the same lowercase problem as the Composer tags.

As an update, I re-ripped the same CD (after de-selecting the local dBpoweramp cache) but this time I set the Capitalization DSP effect to 'none'. The Composer and Style tags did not have the error - capitalization appeared as per the PerfectMeta window, but unfortunately Style doesn't appear in that window. The problem appears to be with the Smart Capitalization setting.

Administrator

An update to DSP effects and naming capitalization:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=21375