title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    (When ripping CD to flac, the track number field is written without the track count and the disc number is written without the disc count even though both options under Meta Data & ID Tag Options are unticked.)

Right click on a file >> Edit ID-Tag are the totals shown there?
    When ripping to MP3, the totals are written in the Track Number and Disc Number tags, not the Total Tracks and Total Discs tags.

When ripping to FLAC, the totals are written Total Tracks and Total Discs tags, not the Track Number and Disc Number tags.

The Total Tracks and Total Discs tags are not shown in Edit ID-Tag but the totals do show in the Track (01/15) and Disc (1/1) fields.

Administrator

This is correct.

dBpoweramp Guru

PerfectMeta - matches [xxx] & (xxx), ' / ' & '/' as same
    Thats very good news! Which is preferred in the output results?

Any plans for any other tweaks to PerfectMeta?

Any thoughts on letting end users tweak/control the PerfetMeta rules?

Thanks.
    Last edited by EliC; 08-03-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Administrator

I have pretty much made the tweaks I want to chance right now (each tweak can have other negative consequences).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

i dont mean the id tag. the song have no id tag but the name looks like:

&*blooper*1092;&*blooper*1086;&*blooper*1084;&*blo oper*1080;&*blooper*1085;-name of the song.mp3

that dont work for converting for me. i cannot post the letters cause the board dont can show them :(

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5475/unbenanntpc.jpg
    Last edited by hanschke; 08-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Profiles remain missing in the converter in the latest beta, just in case anyone cares...

Administrator

Ed, the user account you are running in should not be a limited user whilst setting the profile option (otherwise you are setting the option on the administrator account, not the limited user account).

Administrator

@hanschke and what happens if you try to convert, what is the error? what are you converting from and to?

Spoon great work so far, i really love now to see my flac tags in Explorer but i noticed a problem. For instance sometimes i copy some flacs in a folder than in search i write flac so i can take all files and convert to Apple Lossless for iPod, ok here too but search is slower compared to before. I understand it's beta and you will have time now to polish the release since it's code complete to get it to final stage. Keep up the great work, really amazing

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Bug or Limitation?: Right click batch convert a folder from a UNC source brings up batch converter without folder or files selected.
    Last edited by Jeff Flowerday; 08-04-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Ed, the user account you are running in should not be a limited user whilst setting the profile option (otherwise you are setting the option on the administrator account, not the limited user account).
    That is indeed the case. So, how do you activate the option for a limited user account? The configuration program always runs as administrator.

Administrator

Change the account to admin, do the configuration, then back to limited user.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkZod View Post
    Spoon great work so far, i really love now to see my flac tags in Explorer but i noticed a problem. For instance sometimes i copy some flacs in a folder than in search i write flac so i can take all files and convert to Apple Lossless for iPod, ok here too but search is slower compared to before. I understand it's beta and you will have time now to polish the release since it's code complete to get it to final stage. Keep up the great work, really amazing
    This is to be expected as the computer is now doing something extra, reading the ID tags. If your FLAC files were WMA files and you did not have dBpoweramp installed Windows its self would be reading the tags.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    Bug or Limitation?: Right click batch convert a folder from a UNC source brings up batch converter without folder or files selected.
    A limitation, but will note as something to look for.

dBpoweramp Guru

There is an option in R14 (meta drop menu >> settings) for setting the size of the dBpoweramp cache, normally it will hold a couple of discs depending on art size.
    Spoon, why hold the artwork within the dBpoweramp cache file?

If the art is just copied to a folder, with a pointer to it in the dBpoweramp cache (as you do in Asset UPnP), the dBpoweramp cache can hold a lot more entries. Just a thought.