title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

The cache has to copy all metadata, not just track names. In R14 you can set the size of the cache to what ever you want it to be.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EdBrady
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Change the account to admin, do the configuration, then back to limited user.
      This is absurd. There is no way that a setting a simple configuration option in an application should require changing the user type.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The configuration program installs the shell items (convert to, etc), this cannot be done without the account as administrator.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jeff Flowerday
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2008

Has something changed with the COM components? I'm not longer able to run my custom tag extractor in a 32 bit command prompt.

It does work in debug mode in VS2010 though, and I am compiling with a target of x86.

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Retrieving the COM class fa
          ctory for component with CLSID {1C2E0932-61B5-4EAB-A832-06EE6564047D} failed due
          to the following error: 800700c1.
          at Media_Library_Report.Program.Main(String[] args)

Comment

• Jeff Flowerday
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Mar 2008

Never mind that was exactly the problem, I now have to compile with a target of Any CPU for some reason it craps out with a target of x86.

Comment

• EdBrady
              • Jul 2009

The configuration program installs the shell items (convert to, etc), this cannot be done without the account as administrator.
              Well, things like "convert to" work in a limited account, too, so why not the same for profiles?

Comment

• BugsBunny
                • Aug 2008

I've now tried R14 with gap detection & cue sheet, because up to now I've used dBpoweramp for ripping and eac to create the cue sheet for me.

But I'm missing the option to set the type of cue sheet I want.
                At the end of the process I've got one audio file with a cue sheet. But I do want the audio split up into individual tracks plus cue sheet.

In eac the correct option for that is Create Cue Sheet "Multiple WAV Files With Gaps... (Noncompliant)". Using this type I can later on create an exact copy with the audio split up into individual tracks.

Is this possible? If not this should really be included. This type of cue sheet with individual audio files (one per track) is really the most versatile one. You have got all the advantages of individual files and still can create an exact copy if needed.

I do not want dBpoweramp to write tags (I extract to wav for some reasons). So I normally simply use the option "Disable Tag Writing". If doing so the ripping with CUE sheet does not work and it says I've to enable "Raw CD TOC". This option is found under Tag Writing - this does not make sense to me. The option should be placed elsewhere, so I can still disable tag writing with one click.

Comment

• Barough
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2005

@ BB

Take a look on this thread for more info regarding the CUE Sheet etc.
                  Cue sheet creator, a few requirements of this codec: Only works when ripping audio CDs, All tracks of the CD have to be ripped at the same time. It requires Release 15 of dBpoweramp (currently in testing). There are 2 ways to use this Cue Sheet Generator: 1) Multiple tracks + cue sheet, simply include the DSP Effect: CUE

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Writing individual wave files will be possible with the cue sheet 'codec', it will be independent of R14s release.

Also you can disable wave ID Tag writing in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robojock
                      • Mar 2010

Hi i found a small bug, i did a fresh install on my laptop with windows 7 x64. Downloaded first r13.5 installed it and then i installed r14 beta (the latest one) on top of r13.5 during my setup i noticed that with the mp3 settings when moving the slider to "v2" it shows "meduim" instead of "standard" and if you move it to "v1" it shows "standard"

Comment

• thexfile
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jul 2010

I did notice on wiki.hydrogenaudio the VBR ~kbps ranges are different.
                        High quality: HiFi, home or quiet listening
                        -V0 (~245 kbps), -V1 (~225 kbps), -V2 (~190 kbps) or -V3 (~175 kbps) are recommended.
                        These settings will normally produce transparent encoding (transparent = most people can't distinguish the MP3 from the original in an ABX blind test). Audible differences between these presets exist, but are rare.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Thanks for the report about medium, etc.

@thexfile the kbps values shown are only 5kbps different, our values came from testing on a large music collection.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• deadeyeinside
                            • Aug 2009

on the latest R14 beta, if I hook up my PX-W4824TU and use the cuesheet image codec, the ripper gets stuck detecting gaps ~ track 3. I can repeat this with any cd (so far 15).

If somehow the gaps is successfully cancelled It gets stuck detecting indexes on the first one.

TO contrast this works fine with my Samsung external and my Samsung internal.

To confirm my PX-W4824TU works I was successfully able to detect gaps on EAC.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

I did not think the gap detection would work on the very old plextors.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

I did not think the gap detection would work on the very old plextors.
                                Any reason why? I don't think EAC has ever had a problem with this.

Comment

Working...

]]>