title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14 Discussions

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\C DRipper\Profiles\(default)

CodecCLI_xxxxxx

Thanks! :smile2: I found it in the registry where you indicated and backed it up, along with the rest of the Illustrate registry. I should have asked first before doing all that rework. Then I may have been able to use the last System Restore registry backup to resurrect the lost profiles.(??)

The good news is that after shutting down last night and coming back in today, all 16 profiles are still there. Now, back to ripping! :D

I wanted to let you know that I diagnosed the problem I've been having with the dbpa profiles and it's not a dbpa problem. I use Glary Utilities to maintain my system and it's a great, free utility except for this one problem - it's over zealous in its registry cleaning. I restored the Illustrate registry I had backed up earlier today and all the profiles are back again. I'm putting the Illustrate registry on the registry cleaner Ignore list so it won't be tampered with again except by dbpa or by me manually.

So no worries on your end. Thanks for your help and patience with me as I struggle with coming up to speed on dbpa. :o I still really like the dbpa software, especially how it takes the middle ground between the turn-key approach of many other audio tools and the hard to learn, total customization approach of EAC. I'm looking forward to the release of your updated Renaissance player and seeing how it stacks up against good media players like Foobar2000 and VLC (I use Foobar). Thanks!
    Last edited by falconsoars; 01-23-2010 at 11:07 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I don't know if this is a bug. What is the behavior supposed to be if you start a rip and uncheck some tracks that the ripper has not yet ripped? Currently it still rips those tracks, though it would seem they should not be ripped.

New LAME was released today, 3.98.4.

dBpoweramp Guru

AccurateRip updated to use the new AccurateRip v2 CRC (with more accuracy)
    Spoon can you elaborate?

Administrator

I am running R14 on a Windows 7 x64 machine. One thing I noticed when I tried to do a long batch conversion using the Music Converter was that it did NOT prevent Windows from entering sleep. This of course causes the conversion to fail when windows goes to sleep. In researching to see if the problem was with my machines setup I came across this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...08(VS.85).aspx

Is dbpoweramp setting the ThreadExecutionState ? If so and this only happens to me I guess I need to figure out why my machine will not stay awake.

Administrator

We do not adjust ThreadExecutionState.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We do not adjust ThreadExecutionState.
    Any chance of adding support for that? So that I do not have to disable sleep if I want to do a long convert.

Administrator

On a laptop with a low battery you would want it to hibernate before it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On a laptop with a low battery you would want it to hibernate before it crashes.
    Well you should not do a long conversion on a laptop on battery power so I think having the program not allow the machine to sleep is very appropriate. And that API is designed with applications such as this in mind.

Many people have their desktops configured to sleep automatically but want them not to sleep when doing certain long tasks. I believe with XP the programmer really did not have to do anything special, however in Win7 they added those additional APIs.

When adding Album Art from a png file in the CD Ripper the picture is gray and show size 0x0 in the GUI. The written tag to flac and m4a is OK.

Have you got an ETA for R14 final?
    I am considering upgrading to Reference, but since I have a version with free updates for life it would be quite stupid if R14 is coming soon...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nomind78 View Post
    Have you got an ETA for R14 final?
    I am considering upgrading to Reference, but since I have a version with free updates for life it would be quite stupid if R14 is coming soon...
    I believe spoon has said about 6 months.