title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: aax conversion

aax conversion

Hello,

I want to convert a .aax file to mp3.
    I have download the latest trial version and I install the dBpoweramp-Codec-DirectShow.exe.
    I get a error message,
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'O:\Musik\hörbuch\audible\Audible\Downloads\wichti g kopieren vor umwandlung\DrachenbrutDieFeuerreiterSeinerMajestät 1-Teil1_ep7_ksjaeger.aax' to 'Q:\exact audio copy\DrachenbrutDieFeuerreiterSeinerMajestät1-Teil1_ep7_ksjaeger.mp3'
    DirectShow filter for '.aax' file types is not installed, or audio file is corrupt. [clDecoder::Open]

With a .aa file it work.

Can anyone help me?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: aax conversion

aax are the new audible format, and are DRM protected, You would need something like drm buster to convert them, I dought spoon will be including any way to convert DRM'd files.......

Hello,

I now that the files are DRM Protected.
    The .aax and the .aa files.
    But I can convert the .aa files.
    When I start the convertion i must give username and my code for audible.
    Then it convert the .aa file.
    But with the .aax come no windows for the username and code.

The .aa conversion only works because of the lucky existence of the Media Player filter provided by Audible way in the past. dBpoweramp is not reading the .aa or .aax files, it's just telling MediaPlayerFilter to do it, and then capturing MediaPlayerFilter's output.

It was basically a mistake (from Audible's point of view) to give users such a useful tool to decode their DRM and so they discontinued it.

This all happened long before .aax was invented, so OF COURSE the old Media Player Filter does not know how to read .aax files.

Audible has removed all trace of MediaPlayerFilter from their site and from the Audible Manager app, and has even directed this site to remove the forum posts that described in detail how to use it, so OF COURSE they are not exactly going to update it.

In fact, I bet the MediaPlayerFilter mistake and the resulting plethora of fast, efficient, convenient, and easy to use aa-to-mp3 converters that makes the old drm almost a pointless gesture is one of the main reasons the new "Enhanced" format was even invented.

What is so hard to understand? No .aax