title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ogg Vorbis Error

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ogg Vorbis Error

1. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.mp3 - 302.52MB

example of a file that when trying to convert to Vorbis gives an error with dbpoweramp but converts fine with mediacoder

Code:
    Error converting to ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE), 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\1. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.mp3' to 'C:\Users\Bain2k9\Desktop\1. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.ogg'
       Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe  [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]
    Any idea on a fix for this, mediacoder only converts 1 file at a time, where dbpoweramp can do 4(im on a quadcore)

Oh and I do have a trick to get x64 vorbis encoder to work with current dbp versions, you need to go into compatibility settings, set the oggenc2.exe (x64 ver) to run as admin and compat mode for vista or xp and it will work fine, and is noticeably faster then the 32bit versions.

Administrator

Re: Ogg Vorbis Error

Does the standard vorbis encoder work?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

will test that, but the default vorbis encoder isnt aoTuV 5.7 based is it?

Just asking because current aoTuV gives me better quility with audio books then the stock 2.xx vorbis encoders at better encode speeds.

Administrator

No it is not.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

appears it works with the standard encoder, but any commandline based encoder fails with the same "Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe" messege.

(would have replyed sooner, but i just got home from work, and i started the convert when I was headed out the door to work)

Administrator

Possibly the x64 version of windows which is stopping it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

any fix in the works?

If you need an x64 version of windows to test on, I could supply a key for server 2008 r2(win7 server) if you need it.(legit key)