title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DB Auxillary input

DB Auxillary input

When using Aux input to record LP's does this function remove clicks and pops rumble etc???? I see no mention of this ability anywhere. What about the "Power pack" add on, does this do anything to cleanup the Tracks??? Any help would be appreciated Cheers Winnie

Re: DB Auxillary input

Winnie-
    Auxiliary input (which is only available with versions of dbpoweramp Music Converter 11.5 or EARLIER) does not remove clicks, pops, or scratches. Rumble or hiss might be affected somewhat by adjusting recording level and with the Power Pack you might use the Graphic Equalizer function to lower the amount of hiss or rumble that you might otherwise have (assuming you have any to start out with). But Auxiliary Input, even with Power Pack, is very limited in its ability to handle scratches, pops, etc. What I have done sometimes is use Auxiliary input to record to wave and then use Audacity (a free piece of audio software) to improve the audio. Some of Audacity's features are easy but when it comes to trying to address pops and scratches, this required (last time I tried, and this was perhaps 2-3 years ago) editing out the pops, etc each and every instance. There is probably a better tool but Audacity is free. Perhpas others who are more into this can recommend other audio editing programs.

I should add that (if I recall correctly) that Auxiliary Input may not work with Vista (and probably not with with Windows 7) in that those operating systems do not allow the program to access the sound card.

Best wishes,
    Bill