title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No album art for any CDs

No album art for any CDs

Hi all

My first post...

I must be doing something wrong with my freshly downloaded trial version of CD Ripper. It rips great with all the defaults but none of my CDs (16) so far are showing any album art. Google hasn't been any help and the forum search won't let me search for "no album art".

Any help?

Also, I don't get what the Batch Ripper could do that CD Ripper doesn't. You have to swap out the disks and CD Ripper makes the process as easy as I could imagine it being.

Administrator

Re: No album art for any CDs

In CD ripper click the Down Arrow next to Meta >> Settings >> All Media Guide

It should show there are around 30 days access to AMG remaining, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    In CD ripper click the Down Arrow next to Meta >> Settings >> All Media Guide

It should show there are around 30 days access to AMG remaining, does it?
    No. It says "expired". I tried dbPowerAmp for 1 day on a different Operating System earlier this year but how could AMG know that? I just wanted to make sure it worked on Windows 7 before paying. Except for this it does but I want to make sure registering will solve the problem and it isn't some other problem that will chew up may hours of my time.

Once I register how do I get the album art into the CD's I've already ripped?

I'm still confused about the registration that says:
    CD Writer burn Audio CDs (optional download)
    OR
    Batch Ripper rip 100's of CDs with ease (optional download).

Why do I have to choose? And why would I have to do an "optional download" when CD Ripper is already working for me??
    Last edited by floridaguy; 12-18-2009 at 08:16 AM.

Whilst awaiting a definitive answer from an expert, I found when installing and reistalling the software to try to find the best PC for the tasks, that going into the registered product and entering my purchase code activated the AMG OK. So I would feel confident. You cannot blame Illustrate for making sure their free downloads are not abused.

I agree about the confusion with the download page - I looked at that long and hard too. You would only want the batch ripper if you built a PC (as I have done) with multiple drives for ripping. (I have nearly 4000 CDs). For more modest ripping tasks the interface on DBPoweramp is better. For example, it is often the case that a track may not rip accurately - with dbpa you can re-rip the single track with 2 mouse clicks and watch what is going on.

Also, the AMG look up is all but free on dbpa. But on the batch ripper it is quite pricey. I am going to end up paying over £200 to get the tags and art work on the PC with the batch ripper (and you pay each time you re-do it too and 4 times if it is a 4 disc collection). If I was not in such a rush, I could do the task on a couple of drives for £5 - and as it happens the lookups are better anyway!! But I AM in a rush.

Furthermore, batch ripper does not warn you about overwriting, whereas dbpa does. I am beginning to find the combination of batch ripper on a PC I built for the purpose and dbpa on my usual PC to be the best all round choice. I think I am right in saying Spoon allows it to be installed on your own computers for your own use. I hope so as I want to put it on my laptop to have the opportunity of capturing discs when I am out and about.

I guess it all boils down to what you want to achieve. Although the wording on the site is not ideal, it does give you choices.

Music is a hobby and I am still learning, but I make and support computers for a living. The dbpa suite is not perfect, but it does the job well and most questions are answered promptly on the forum. Overall, I would feel quite comfortable. Hope this helps.

Administrator

You do not have to use Batch Ripper if it is not required. The trial might not activate if you install in to limited access user account, install onto an administrator account.

Quote Originally Posted by sdcoomber View Post
    I agree about the confusion with the download page - I looked at that long and hard too. You would only want the batch ripper if you built a PC (as I have done) with multiple drives for ripping. (I have nearly 4000 CDs). For more modest ripping tasks the interface on DBPoweramp is better. For example, it is often the case that a track may not rip accurately - with dbpa you can re-rip the single track with 2 mouse clicks and watch what is going on.
    Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I did get some "inaccurate rips". I retried and it happened again. What do you do then?

Administrator

For single tracks on a disc, or the whole disc?