title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Support for Windows 7, program incompatible and crashes

Question Support for Windows 7, program incompatible and crashes

When I load the audio ripper by dbPoweramp, it crashes right away. is there a version that works with 64 bit windows 7? i llove the program but it won't run on my new computer, it is one of the first things i installed and it won't work. are there other good ripping programs? I have always used this one, It has quality sound, but now I am stuck? what can be done?
    thanks, Allama:cry:

Administrator

Re: Support for Windows 7, program incompatible and crashes

dBpoweramp is now developed under Windows 7, there should be no issues. The crash is on installing?

I am about to install on a brand new Win 7 based machine and came here today to ask the very same question...

Is there a new download or a 64 bit version I should have?

Administrator

The install contains 64 bit parts and is installed automatically from the one install.

Just to report my experience, I just did a clean install of windows 7 64-bit, downloaded the newest version of dBpoweramp, 13.3, and it all appears to be working fine, no issues.

Works really well on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop too.

Side track from the topic (moderator please delete if this is not allowed). One question though, when I watch CD Ripper ripping, it apparently uses CPU 1 and CPU2 (alternating between the two) only but the Music Converter is able to use CPU1, CPU2, CPU3 and CPU4 all together simultaneously. Is there anyway to make CD Ripper uses all 4 CPUs when ripping?

In my test, I converted some 28 tracks of wav files to apple lossless (just a bit less than 1GB in total) and it took less than 5 minutes. Really really impressive!

Good work guys!

Sutjahjo

Administrator

It will use only cpu1 and 2 if there is not much work to be done (the cd drive is much slower than encoding to alac).

Ah, noted and understood.

Thanks!
    Jaw