title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: read offset on iMac10,1?

read offset on iMac10,1?

Problem: Can't get AccurateRip to work as Key Discs are continuously rejected -> not able to determine "read offset"

I'm desperately trying to run dBpoweramp Cd Ripper on brand new iMac. I'm using Parallas ( tried Crossover but dBpoer could not see my drive).

Whenever I insert a CD am I ask to configure AccurateRip....result is always:
    "This key Disc cannot be used to for offset correction (....it does not match the one stored in AccurateRips database), please try a different Key Disc.":(:cry:

The disc I'm using are not scratched, they are also for sure in the AccurateRip database as I've ripped them succesfully on a hp Laptob.

The drive on the iMac is an Optiarc AD-5680H

Anyone who knows how to resolve this ??

Please don't suggest XLD+++ I like dBpowerAmp ( works great on my windows lapt

Administrator

Re: read offset on iMac10,1?

You cannot use many discs if there are different pressings of the disc (if the drive does not appear in the ar database), keep trying...

I've tried more then 15 different CD's now....all of them where perfectly ripped (Accurate confirmed) on an hp laptop with dBPowerAmp.

I've just tried to install dBPowerAmp under VMware -> same result "key disc is not accepted" :(

Are there anyone out there who has successfully runned dBPowerAmp witht the Optiarc AH-5680H drive on a new iMac ?
    Last edited by Jens; 12-27-2009 at 05:27 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I've just tried to install dBPowerAmp under VMware -> same result "key disc is not accepted" :(
    Make sure you used the "Advanced..." options to set up your VM's CD/DVD drive as SCSI rather than IDE. Otherwise dbPoweramp will have all sorts of I/O errors. I'll be posting a how-to on this once I get back from the holidays.

Are there anyone out there who has successfully runned dBPowerAmp witht the Optiarc AH-5680H drive on a new iMac ?
    I hear the Optiarcs are terrible for ripping. You're probably better off researching a USB chassis and a decent SATA or IDE drive for ripping.