title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Post-rip work: batch renaming

Post-rip work: batch renaming

I have started to rip my cd collection after replacing the Teac drive (tray locking problems... ended up with a TSST S182, good ripper, same form factor and tray compatible with the extra saw-work for adaptation to the Kodak Kiosk mechanism - highly recommended).

Alphabetically one of the first discography to pass the rip was the Beatles one.

However, the ripped files ended up in three different folders, following the Metadata found:

Beatles
    Beatles, The
    The Beatles

I can organize manually the folders to have it on just one, "Beatles", however the tags in the single-flac-file and cuesheet will reflect the original mess.
    There is a kind of "batch renamer" in order to uniform the tags between the various flac/cue pair without doing everything by hand one by one?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Post-rip work: batch renaming

This is exactly why I am hoping the next version of dBpoweramp can check the artist names already used and utilize the musicbrainz alternative names list to compare and only use one consistent name.

So... seems there is no option at present time?

dBpoweramp Guru

I don't use dBpoweramp for tag editing, but you should be able to select multiple files and change the artist in all of them at once.