title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata not carried thru to windows

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doobre
    • May 2006

Metadata not carried thru to windows

Hi there
    when I rip with CD ripper I often have to add/edit the data myself mostly on chinese text.. before I set it ti do the rip...
    But I notice that the fields for "album artist" and "genre" never get saved into the files tags. "Album" and "Artist" are always okay and are saved fine, but not the others.
    This problem exists with both english text and chinese text so I don't think the language is the issue.
    If I view the ripped files with windows music folders or in windows media player or MP3tag or itunes the album and the artist are fine but the "album artist" and "genre" are not, usually showing "???".
    Am I writing the wrong format of tags or what else am i doing wrong??
    help please someone..
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Metadata not carried thru to windows

Which audio format are you using?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• doobre
      • May 2006

Hi Spoon
      I am ripping to mp3 with the Lame codec..
      nothing very special:
      160 or 320 CBR. default profile
      My naming convention is set to "[artist]\[album]\[album] - [title]"
      thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Right click on a track >> Edit Tag, does dBpoweramp show the album artist tag?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• doobre
          • May 2006

Hi Spoon
          Sorry, I need to clarify my problem a bit further. The issue is mainly with the "genre", but not only.

In the rightclick-Edit ID-tag, "Album Artist" and "genre" tags are available and filled correctly.

Thru windows rightclick-properties-track details the "Genre" is not filled but "Album Artist" is.

In the windows(vista) music folders "Genre" is not filled but "Album Artist" is.

In itunes (v9.0.1.8) neither Genre or Album Artist is filled.

In MP3tag (v2.45a) neither Genre or Album Artist is filled.

This seems to be the same issue whether the metadata is retreived from one of the internet sources or entered by hand. [BTW when I do reteive the metadata from the net, the dbp ripper interface goes into "Not Responding" ie: greyed out, just for a few seconds.]

I know it's only a small issue but I am a bit of a stickler for having as much detail as is available. And itunes is soooo slooowwww at ripping.

cheers for your time and help
          CD

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Check which ID tag version is being written (hold the mouse over the file), it should be id3v2.3
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• doobre
              • May 2006

Hi Spoon
              it said APEv2 & id3v1.1..
              I checked the config but it said v3.2.. but then...

After reading another post here from belwig (ID3v2 tags 12-06-2009, 06:03 AM ) I followed his comments about changing the user account to administrator, setting the tag format on the dbp config page, then setting the account back to standard user.
              Now the tag format is v3.2 ans the ripped tags shows in all other software.

Thanks for the help Spoon and to belwig also.

Comment

Working...

]]>