title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Endless rescan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jherbert
    • Nov 2009

Endless rescan

I am evaluating Asset UPnP on an easystore H340 running Windows Home Server. My library mirrors my collection of 6.000 cds, so it is pretty large. Initial scan of the files took close to 24 hours. Now it seems Asset is caught in a rescan loop, as once all tracks are read the library is scanned again.

This puts quite a load on the system. What is wrong? Can I set a scanning interval? Can I stop automatic scanning?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Endless rescan

Are you using Asset v2? there is an option to switch to manual scanning, but only changes to files in your library would trigger a rescan, is something writing to the files?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mactavish
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      Are you using Asset v2? there is an option to switch to manual scanning, but only changes to files in your library would trigger a rescan, is something writing to the files?
      Where is this option? My first scan took hours, now I see my four cores running crazy, and it's Asset rescanning the whole hard drive again. I did not write or change any files on that HD.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Under Advanced Configuration
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>