title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Meta Data problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gillburt
    • Nov 2009

Meta Data problem

Using CD Ripper

Renewed AMG licence.
    Activated etc.
    Checked it is highlighted under Meta > Options - it is (along with the otehrs, 364 days remaining)

Put a CD in... get the line at the bottom of the track list saying CD in accuraterip, but get no meta data AT ALL!!

During trial version got meta data, but never any album art.
    McAfee firewall... cannot see log file entries saying it is blocking

HELP - thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Meta Data problem

Disable all security software, only then would you know if it was blocking it.

Also try to manually retrieve metadata (down arrow next to Meta button >> retrieve from)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• paul_riordan
      • Jan 2009

I am having a similar problem. I tried loading a few cds a week or so ago and it did not retrieve any metadata. I assumed that as the cds had just been released that the metadata was not available. I have since tried additional cds that I have ripped before and I am getting no metadata. I have 56 days left on my AMG account. I have tried disabling norton firewall and also the firewall on my router but I still get nothing! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Freedb is not giving any meta data? for popular CDs? there are no restrictions on freedb.

Make sure that the metadata providers are checked on the meta drop menu.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• paul_riordan
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
          Freedb is not giving any meta data? for popular CDs? there are no restrictions on freedb.

Make sure that the metadata providers are checked on the meta drop menu.
          I'm not getting metadata from any of the providers !?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Then you have some kind of security software which is blocking internet access to cd ripper.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• johnk
              • Sep 2009

I'm also having a similar problem. It was working fine during my trial, so I know it's not security software, but since I bought the program and the AMG licence, it's stopped working!

It is working to an extent, in that the program will supply its default meta data offering (i.e. it will fill out the panel on the left hand side of the Meta Review dialog box), but the rest of the box is blank and the four AMG/GD3/MusicBrainz/freedb buttons are greyed out.

Comment

• Wayne
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Aug 2002

Have you checked that the search options haven't become unselected when you installed the registered version?

Comment

• johnk
                  • Sep 2009

Assuming that means that all the sources are "ticked" in the meta menu, then yes, they are selected.

I can retrieve data from each source by using the "retrieve from" menu and going through each option, so data retrieval does work.

It's just that, even when I use "retrieve from" for all sources, then using alt+m still gives me a blank screen.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Make sure perfect meta is checked.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• johnk
                      • Sep 2009

Perfect Meta was checked. But I unchecked everything and restarted the program, then I checked everything and restarted the program. And now Alt+M works again. Not logical perhaps, but I wasn't too surprised when it worked!

Comment

Working...

]]>